The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, Thug said:

I said before, there’s a heavy price for him to pay by making this move.  When all the glitz and glamour of the move dies down, he’ll be sat looking at his handful of medals. 

Everyone keeps talking about medals like they’re the be all and end all of everything. 

In 2-3 seasons he’ll be yesterday’s news.  Among a sea of other forgotten ex pros who helped Man City grab a bunch of trophies.  He’ll be just another name.  Man City fans won’t even remember him in 10 years.

He could have lived forever.  We’d still be singing his name in 50 years time like we will do with McGrath - and he wasn’t even one of our own. 

Medals and trophies are NOT the greatest prize in football.

It’s Immortality.

The worst part is that there's a very good chance he wins something with us too. We won't be fighting relegation every year.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I can understand the magnitude of the deal and the opportunity to play with players, he dreams of playing with, quite frankly its too lucrative to resist.

However, He has been toying with leaving for some time....Spurs, then Utd, now city......so its not city in isolation that bothers me, its the trend, its the pattern, that has been followed.

Meanwhile the club have busted a gut to build a team around him, and he has passified fans by telling them how much he loves the club, intimating his passion along the lines of Gabby and Gary Shaw...if only.

I can only guess what happened at the Euro's but my guess is Jacks passion for Villa was tested by cynical team mates, who advised him to move on, and to hell with loyalty....I am convinced Jacks head was turned, but not necessarily turned from such piety, as I have depicted.

I would like to know the real reason Jack signed that 5 year deal....what was his main motive ..money?...He looked disappointed to me when the Spurs and Man U deals never came off...and then slipped back to the status quo of "Villa til I die"

I feel sorry for his immediate family, where his dad took him to all the games in his formative years, and was understandably proud of his sons stature, Kevan is a genuinely devote Villa Fan and it must compromise his emotions.

I wish Jack well as he deserves it.....but I have a hunch, it could be a mistake.....Like Adam with the Apple.

Should have asked Zaha how he got on at United.

I think he signed the deal because no clubs came in for him last year, despite all the gossip. So he took a massive payrise with a getout clause should a 'big' club show interest. He's basically left the first time someone showed serious interest in him.  It shouldnt really be a surprise but it's still irritating, especially with lots of commentators commending his 'loyalty' for staying with us up to this point.

That's football (and life), I guess...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stephen_Evans said:

At one stage last week, I think I remember you saying he had agreed to stay at Villa.  Sorry if I have misremembered.  When do you think it changed?

As far as I heard he was offered a very big deal, was happy with it, but it seems something has swayed him as I know NSWE do not want to sell. Maybe all the media attention, maybe just further into his thought process regarding his career and potential to win trophies etc, I do not know. Whatever it is, he's thinking about his career and not about Aston Villa any more.

• Like 1

I get why he’s doing it, but Jesus this will hurt us . Just when we are moving in a genuinely positive direction. There’s so much ambition at villa nowadays, then to lose him, ffs . We’ve been to reliant on him for last few years, so need to forget him and move on and bring some quality in. 

8 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Even more disappointing. Seems like it's saying he never really cared about the project. Just keeps getting worse and worse for Ole Jacky boy. Lol

I think he does support us but his “love for the Villa” and our definition of “love for the Villa” are very different. Oh well he’s played his hand now his loss ultimately, I will say Stellar are only going to tell him it will be fine, they want their money after all. They won’t be around when it’s all done and he can’t set foot in B6 I think the anger will be around for many years to come 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Hope not. Don’t want him at the club anymore, especially if he can’t pass a medical!!

Agree. For me regardless if he fails medical he will not be captain if he stays so he should just leave 

Win all the trophies  and earn the biggest amount of money he can.

Oh and pick a nice spot on the bench he likes to sit because he will not be playing 90mins every game FACT. At villa he had a strop because he came off against Newcastle with 2minutes to go.

It’s still going to hurt when I see him in that shirt. 

Feels like a break up when your ex said, she’s “felt this way for a while” and you feel the last few months were a lie!

Edited by deeps
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I think he does support us but his “love for the Villa” and our definition of “love for the Villa” are very different. Oh well he’s played his hand now his loss ultimately, I will say Stellar are only going to tell him it will be fine, they want their money after all. They won’t be around when it’s all done and he can’t set foot in B6 I think the anger will be around for many years to come 

I've said to a few people in the past.

If I start buying City kits, wearing City kits, watching all the City matches, start commenting on the City forums and pages, and stop doing all those things with Aston Villa, could I still then claim to be " One of our own "?

" I'll always love the Villa though ".

If Jack is in on goal, with the opportunity to win the League for City, and relegate us, what do you think he does?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jim said:

Presuming we didn’t want to sell, why not just say no, sorry 4 years left. I’m sure Gralish would have got over it.

Release clause mate our hands tied, main reason I’ve spoke on it I don’t think this should reflect badly on NSWE. This is Grealish’s camp wanting to move

2 minutes ago, deeps said:

It’s still going to hurt when I see him in that shirt. 

Feels like a break up when your ex said “she’s felt this way for a while” and you feel the last few months were a lie!

She's actually done you a favour in the long run 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've said to a few people in the past.

If I start buying City kits, wearing City kits, watching all the City matches, start commenting on the City forums and pages, and stop doing all those things with Aston Villa, could I still then claim to be " One of our own "?

" I'll always love the Villa though ".

If Jack is in on goal, with the opportunity to win the League for City, and relegate us, what do you think he does?

Imagine us v them in a cup final, he just going to stop? It’s absolute BS

4 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Yeah absolutely. I can't say whether or not he's actually a fan of the club. It's the charade put up last year about his home his club. Fully bought into the project yada yada. All that stuff that leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. In the words of Gordon Ramsey:

tenor.gif?itemid=14523966

And Stellar

• Like 2

Just now, Fairy In Boots said:

If Rooney can bo back to Everton, them I'm pretty confident Grealish could find his way back. I think it's more hurt than anger. I honestly think it will become a blessing in disguise. No more of the one man team crap. Maybe others will now flourish. I've a feeling we could surprise a few people this season. 

Time to look ahead. What's done is done.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Release clause means the other club can talk to the player. He doesn't have to accept offer. Load of rubbish. Looks like @Fairy In Boots was spot on all along

I mean "all along" is a bit much when talking about a poster who was adamant that the deal was signed sealed and delivered to Man Utd a year ago. 

What is it they say about stopped clocks? 

I know people won’t agree but clubs abroad aside if Jack was to ever leave and we all knew it was possible I’d rather it be city than anywhere else. I don’t personally know a single fan and probably never will. If it was Liverpool or Man U he went to I couldn’t handle all those glory hunting fans i’ve grown up with idolising Jack Grealish. It would be to much to handle. 

At City it’s fine. 

edit: I’m having ‘palpations’ just thinking about them telling me how he’s at a proper club now.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3

Â