The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

it's the £100m question.

If there is a release clause, and wants to leave, we're f***** and we'll get around £90-100m. 
If there isn't a release clause. and he wants to leave, we're probably f****** but we should get around £125-140m (closer to his market value). 
If there is/isn't a release clause and he wants to stay, happy f****** days. 

I'd actually be a lot happier if they'd bid £100m already and we'd rejected it. The 'potential' release clause is the absolute killer in all of this and probably only a handful of people in world football know if it exists and what that figure is. 

If there isn't a release clause, he isn't leaving. 

1 minute ago, mrchnry said:

To be fair that was him resharing an image that Villa posted. It's not like he chose to post that picture to make a statement. I think a lot is being read into it. 

He didn't have to share it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Why even if there's a release clause it's only going to be something like if Villa get relegated or take a turn for the worst and head toward relegation.

No way is there going to be a release clause is Villa do a mid table finish we don't qualify for Europe, I just can't see any madness like that being added to Jack's contract.

Well, that's what I am trying to establish. A release clause can be quite common in contracts regardless of relegation (more common in La Liga though, it seems..)

8 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

10-15bn (sources vary) vs 20bn odd. What difference does it make?

I think he's most likely referring to the wealth of the Abu Dhabi Royal family as a whole which is wrong. They are worth $1trn but essentially have nothing to do with the ownership of the club even though their fans would like everyone to think they do. 

The Abu Dhabi United Group owned by Sheikh Mansour is the owning vehicle. So visa vie, the difference between city's "owners" and ours is actually not that massive. 

Not that any of this makes any difference. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

To be fair that was him resharing an image that Villa posted. It's not like he chose to post that picture to make a statement. I think a lot is being read into it. 

I dont think we’re reading enough into it

I mean McGinn rehashing it with James Chester photoshopped in. Hes a man = man+Chester= Manchester CityConfused Thinking GIF

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

it's the £100m question.

If there is a release clause, and wants to leave, we're f***** and we'll get around £90-100m. 
If there isn't a release clause. and he wants to leave, we're probably f****** but we should get around £125-140m (closer to his market value). 
If there is/isn't a release clause and he wants to stay, happy f****** days. 

I'd actually be a lot happier if they'd bid £100m already and we'd rejected it. The 'potential' release clause is the absolute killer in all of this and probably only a handful of people in world football know if it exists and what that figure is. 

We get whatever the Owners decide they want for Jack which is why I also believe I way they are going to let there star asset go.

Under contract and with more years on his contract because he's signed, that means no one can bully our Chiefs into selling Grealish for what they want to buy him at.

Why would you be happy if City had a bid in and we rejected it, that's abit mad that you wish for another club to be showing there interest.

The release clause is not going to be one that affect a move unless Villa stumble up, it's not like there's a release clause where if Villa qualify for Europe or do something good that Jack will leave, it will be because the Club screwed up big time.

1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Lets play along here and suggest Grealish DOES want to go and HAS agreed personal terms--that's all well and good, but isn't there the small matter of agreeing a fee with his current club? What if the quoted fee is way more than they want to pay?

This whole U-Turn talk is at best premature and at worst, hugely disrespectful. 

The other option is that the release clause is real and agreeing a fee with us isn't the issue.

The wait might just be for Jack to make up his mind and maybe he's been struggling with it all summer. He's due back in the next few days so maybe we'll know then.

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

The other option is that the release clause is real and agreeing a fee with us isn't the issue.

The wait might just be for Jack to make up his mind and maybe he's been struggling with it all summer. He's due back in the next few days so maybe we'll know then.

Yep, that seems to be the big question still up in the air.

10 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Why even if there's a release clause it's only going to be something like if Villa get relegated or take a turn for the worst and head toward relegation.

No way is there going to be a release clause is Villa do a mid table finish we don't qualify for Europe, I just can't see any madness like that being added to Jack's contract.

Unless that was the only way he’d sign a new deal? Certainly makes sense for the player and agent  that  a clause could be activated for a certain fee - it’s nothing new in football .

I don’t think there would be a conversation to be had otherwise as surely villa would not sell  by choice 

Edited by Eastie

3 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Well, that's what I am trying to establish. A release clause can be quite common in contracts regardless of relegation (more common in La Liga though, it seems..)

I don't think there is one, again this is a rumour isn't it that floats around every window to stir the hornets up.

A release clause isn't going to help City or anyone get there hands on Jack, not unless Villa become Sheffield utd next season and any gains we made we just screw up and completely cave in and say hello to the championship.

1 hour ago, The Other Mat said:

This bloke is basically saying we've let Jack agree terms etc before our owners/manager have had a chance to sit down with him and discuss his future face to face, which, let's be real is a ridiculous fantasy. There's no way we've let him do that before we've put our contract in front of him? That's not how successful business men work, especially those intent on competing at the highest level and when dealing with a team with the financial clout if City. Pie in the sky bollocks from Sam Lee. 

It's the total opposite of pie in the sky. Personal terms are agreed before a fee between clubs for literally every transfer nowadays. There's no point in going through a thorough transfer process if the player doesn't even want to come

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I think you are right maybe Jack himself, hasn't made up his mind.

Getting some of our deals over the line might help him make his mind up.

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I don't think there is one, again this is a rumour isn't it that floats around every window to stir the hornets up.

A release clause isn't going to help City or anyone get there hands on Jack, not unless Villa become Sheffield utd next season and any gains we made we just screw up and completely cave in and say hello to the championship.

Wouldn’t need to  be a relegation clause ,  there are also release clauses should clubs agree to activate a certain fee 

this sam bellend has, for the first time, sown that seed of doubt in my mind

just want this resolved now

got a horrible feeling it's going to be a final day job

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

I've been posting on Blue Moon for about a month now and they're hanging their hopes on Sam Lee, Shaun Goater, and various "ITKs" It's same dribble as Grealish to Manure last season

It wasn't "dribble" last year though was it? Jack admitted he hadn't known where he was going to be playing last season 24 hours before he signed the contract. It was very much possible that he could've gone to United had a large enough bid come in. Transfers are fluid situations, and just because one doesn't get over the line (and hopefully Jack to City doesn't), doesn't mean it was all CLICKBAIT BULLSHIT

• Like 2

Something about The Athletic makes me really not a fan of it. I don't like it though when people who have never played the game start talking as if they're opinion is better than everyone else's.

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Mahrez bodied Sam Lee last year - tells you about his sources

Ah damn it. I hoped that Grealish signing his new contract would seriously damage Spam Lee's "journalistic" credibility.

Turns out he doesn't have any and is already a laughing stock so no damage will be done.

Journalism really is on its arse these days.

• Like 1

I don't believe the athletic one bit. However, I get the sense that Man City believe there is a clause and Jack has told them that he is open to the move. If there is a clause then we are screwed imo.

• Like 4

Â