The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Watch Gareth's post match interview.

Actually hinted to Jack being needed in the games coming up.

We will see plenty of Jack in the Euros. I would not worry about that.

Oh he’ll get minutes no doubt. He’ll get 20 minutes here and 15 minutes there and as you say he may start in a second string side against Czech Republic.

I just don’t think it matters how well he plays in those cameos or in a second string side. Southgate doesn’t seem to like him as a starter despite him being consistently one of the best players on the pitch in his England career so far.

Just now, tom_avfc said:

Oh he’ll get minutes no doubt. He’ll get 20 minutes here and 15 minutes there and as you say he may start in a second string side against Czech Republic.

I just don’t think it matters how well he plays in those cameos or in a second string side. Southgate doesn’t seem to like him as a starter despite him being consistently one of the best players on the pitch in his England career so far.

I think Jack has played well for England, but only worry still is he has got no goals yet and ony 1 assist i believe.

He needs to back up his performances with more attacking output if he wants to be a regular.

Say what you want about Sterling but he gets goals.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, nick76 said:

To be fair both you and I are on some block lists I’m guessing.  Me because I’m strong, repetitive and aggressive poster sometimes and you because you chat crap a lot and use slanted or made up stats a lot and then when not in you favour say you don’t like stats (generally you’re just wrong).  Some love us, some hate us.

You claim I used made up stats and biased stats. But so do you. And I have shown that.

The made up stats you were referring to I presume was grealish thing which is where I calculated grealishs goals and assists from the middle and showed that the Liverpool game was an anomaly. I'm sorry that I could remember the exact stats I calculated from 3 months ago and that had changed slightly after grealish returned from injury. 

Just now, villalad21 said:

I think Jack has played well for England, but only worry still is he has got no goals yet and ony 1 assist i believe.

He needs to back up his performances with more attacking output if he wants to be a regular.

I think the trouble with looking at stats and not performances is that they can be very misleading. Sterling has a goal today from a game where he could barely control the ball half the time and constantly over hit passes.

Even just taking the two friendlies pre this tournament Grealish won a penalty and was heavily involved in the goal against Austria before he was tackled with the ball falling to Saka to score. I doubt he gets even an assist from those two games.

I’m not even that bothered that he wants to start Sterling ahead of Grealish. Sterling is a decent player. But anybody trying to tell me that Sterling is in better form than Grealish to justify his selection is quite simply wrong in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I agree. Really can’t get on board with the drama and I’m happy England won. 
Villa fans fuming on a forum re Jack non selection, the man himself is currently posting pics on his Insta of Chilwell nodding off on the team bus.

What do you expect him to do? Publicly denounce Southgate and throw a hissy fit? There's not much he can do except keep himself in good form and fit in case he is called upon. Doesn't mean he won't be bitterly disappointed that he couldn't even get a few minutes on the board, same as the Villa fans you've referred to.

First of all, I am not English.

Second of all, I love Jack and wants him all the best for England.

I dont think there is an agenda from Southgate or a dislike for him, I believe he simply believes that Grealish only suits a specific playstyle.

Today I could see the reasoning behind the starting lineup with Sterling and his pace. I dont think it worked out, and I felt Sterling was poor (even thou somehow he get an 8 because of the goal). Can also see the issue starting Kane, Mount, Foden and Grealish, since the movement can be lackful for all of them to shine. Southgate does not have an easy job, but I think Grealish, Kane and Mount should be dead certain on the team no matter what. However, I can also see the reasoning today with the respect given to Croatia (which is a bit unfounded, their team is really not great).  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Maybe because grealish has actually played against teams that qualified FO the euros whilst Sterling gets to pump up his stats against Bulgaria and Gibraltar. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MentalM said:

First of all, I am not English.

Second of all, I love Jack and wants him all the best for England.

I dont think there is an agenda from Southgate or a dislike for him, I believe he simply believes that Grealish only suits a specific playstyle.

Today I could see the reasoning behind the starting lineup with Sterling and his pace. I dont think it worked out, and I felt Sterling was poor (even thou somehow he get an 8 because of the goal). Can also see the issue starting Kane, Mount, Foden and Grealish, since the movement can be lackful for all of them to shine. Southgate does not have an easy job, but I think Grealish, Kane and Mount should be dead certain on the team no matter what. However, I can also see the reasoning today with the respect given to Croatia (which is a bit unfounded, their team is really not great).  

Grealish is amazing on the counter. Probably the best player in the whole country. 

And better than any of the other when the team is in possession.

Edited by MotoMkali

13 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I've denounced this too since moving to Wales - but will claim it for football only. 

So if I use my Viking heritage I can claim to be English?

Then I will change my first of all!

• Haha 1

It’s been a constant habit of England over the years to lean toward picking workhorses, and treat flair players with suspicion. Glenn Hoddle should have had a hundred caps, Matt LeTissier was badly under used etc. Sadly it’s looking like this reluctance to pick the players with real magic, the kind that can win a game with an flash of genius, is still prevalent. Don’t get me wrong, I think the players who turned out against Croatia, by and large did a job, and played well. But I still think there has to be room for the kind of player Jack is, able to change a game with a flash of genius.

15 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Grealish is amazing on the counter. Probably the best player in the whole country. 

And better than any of the other when the team is in possession.

I never said otherwise.

However, if you play the ball into open space, both Rashford and Sterling will get to that ball more often than Grealish. They are also both better at finishing

With Kane falling deep, Mount, Foden and Grealish prefer the ball in their feet the movement will be worse than if you replace one of the with Sterling or Rashford. And both of them play where Jack is the best, hence why its understandable he is the one benched. I think England would be way better with Grealish, but I understand Southgates reasoning. 

24 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

That's Sterling's first goal for England in tournament football after 62 caps. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MentalM said:

I never said otherwise.

However, if you play the ball into open space, both Rashford and Sterling will get to that ball more often than Grealish. They are also both better at finishing

With Kane falling deep, Mount, Foden and Grealish prefer the ball in their feet the movement will be worse than if you replace one of the with Sterling or Rashford. And both of them play where Jack is the best, hence why its understandable he is the one benched. I think England would be way better with Grealish, but I understand Southgates reasoning. 

Sterling better than Jack at finishing? Lol. 

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Sterling getting MOTM is just laughable 😂

Bloke can't weight a pass and has horrible shooting technique but he makes some decent runs! Surely we can ask for more from our starting winger ffs.

Madness. He gave the ball away nearly every time he got it. Except for his goal,  which was terribly placed and would have been saved by many keepers. Truly bizarre what the commentators were watching. Does anyone have his stats from this game?

Pass completion- 0%?

Successful take ons - 1... ?

Surely Phillips was 50 times better than Sterling.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Frank Raphael said:

Sterling better than Jack at finishing? Lol. 

Yes. Jack does lots that sterling doesn't, but he'd kill to have Sterling's goalscoring and assist stats even from last season.

• Like 1

Â