The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

19 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Grealish would be mad to not want to play for Man City.

Which is more fun, knocking someone of a pedestal or selling yourself to be on a pedestal?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Tin hat on. 

At what figure does it become a conversation with City? Let’s say they offered 120m... 

I know, I know, we mustn’t sell him, but if you look at what Leicester have achieved by selling Maguire, Mahrez and Kante, it can be done and we could improve. 

I absolutely do not want to sell him. At all. But at what point do you think the club might be tempted? 

Honestly, no figure this season. 120m+ next season assuming we haven't got European football.... I suspect if he has a great year and we don't make Europe, we'll be asking for even more.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Lazy journalism like newly renewed contract for 5 years JWP being a Villa target

New contracts doesn't really mean much. 

It's basically just saying you have to pay more to get the player 

32 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Tin hat on. 

At what figure does it become a conversation with City? Let’s say they offered 120m... 

I know, I know, we mustn’t sell him, but if you look at what Leicester have achieved by selling Maguire, Mahrez and Kante, it can be done and we could improve. 

I absolutely do not want to sell him. At all. But at what point do you think the club might be tempted? 

You dont sell the heart and soul of Aston Villa for £120mill. The chances of having a player with Grealish's talent must be like 1 in a million, the chances of having a player with that talent who loves the club like he does.. 1 in a billion?

NSWE will see it that way and at this moment is there a more ambitious Club in world football than Aston Villa? Even the rest of the football world (who never usually notice villa) are starting to say wtf at what they are doing. 

We are basically building a whole team around Jack, like the chicago bulls with Michael Jordan. What is 120mill anyway? ... Already with the final 10 game promotion run when we came up, and him keeping us up at times by himself in the first prem season Grealish has arguably made this club 100s of millions (as without him those things dont happen) and thats not looking at the upside of what could happen in the next few years. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Southgate will save us, we’ll be out by the end of group stage how poor a manager he is.  All this talent, and watching England is hard work!  My family have turned off to it because of it and thus I’ll be watching it on my own on Sunday!

All By Myself glee GIF

5 minutes ago, villanmac said:

What is 120mill anyway?

Great point.  Given what we’ve spent already in recent years, 120 million while a huge amount in isolation isn’t that big considering the investment already in the squad than must be getting close to 300m (somebody check my figures)

7 minutes ago, colhint said:

what do you mean, if

Rumours that Jack may not even start, if he doesn’t get much pitch time in the group and we get knocked out, he’ll have very little chance to do anything.

4 minutes ago, villanmac said:

You dont sell the heart and soul of Aston Villa for £120mill.

The rest of your post made complete sense as the justification for these 12 words, but that is the absolute core of things.

Jack isn’t just a player, he’s a romantic idea about the club, the city, the journey, everything. Citeh could offer £200M, the answer is the same. He’s the centre of gravity for our entire strategy, and if he wanted to leave NSWE would probably offer to drop £10M into an offshore account just to keep him here. These are not men who lose. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Great point.  Given what we’ve spent already in recent years, 120 million while a huge amount in isolation isn’t that big considering the investment already in the squad than must be getting close to 300m (somebody check my figures)

Has to be easily.

The other way i'd look at is.. say if today a player like Grealish was at Man City and hes one of the best players in the world but the craziest opportunity came up for 11th place Villa to sign him cos he was a huge villa fan and loves the club, that mad bastard Sawiris would put up the 120 mill to sign him no problem imo. The only wrinkle would be FFP obviously but in principle in terms of investment i think he'd do it because it would be a one off opportunity to get a world class player at Aston Villa and get us where he wants to be. By the same logic he wouldnt sell him for that amount. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

New contracts doesn't really mean much. 

It's basically just saying you have to pay more to get the player 

I understand what you are saying but I’m not in total agreement plus I’m still not convinced Man City are going to fork out 100m+ for anybody.  Of course they can but I don’t think they will, I think they’ll look abroad to players they feel will be Grealish and Kane types at much lower prices.  I just dont think they would want to pay the excessive premium required for Grealish or Kane, despite having the money to do so.  

I looked at their last three seasons and I can only see once where they ripped out a player of consequence from PL club in Mahrez.  Mostly the Diaz, Torres, Cancelo and Rodri’s of this world that cost a lot of money but you could argue there was equivalent in the PL that Man City go for but didn’t.

Edited by nick76

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I understand what you are saying but I’m not in total agreement plus I’m still not convinced Man City are going to fork out 100m+ for anybody.  Of course they can but I don’t think they will, I think they’ll look abroad to players they feel will be Grealish and Kane types at much lower prices.  I just dont think they would want to pay the excessive premium required for Grealish or Kane, despite having the money to do so.  

I looked at their last three seasons and I can only see once where they ripped out a player of consequence from PL club in Mahrez.  Mostly the Diaz, Torres, Cancelo and Rodri’s of this world that cost a lot of money but you could argue there was equivalent in the PL that Man City go for.

I think they are more in need of a number 9 than another inside forward. 

Just on that basis alone I think these rumours is a bunch of bullshit. 

I mean they already have Sterling, Foden, Mahrez, Bernardo Silva. They are pretty stacked 

12 minutes ago, Awol said:

The rest of your post made complete sense as the justification for these 12 words, but that is the absolute core of things.

Jack isn’t just a player, he’s a romantic idea about the club, the city, the journey, everything. Citeh could offer £200M, the answer is the same. He’s the centre of gravity for our entire strategy, and if he wanted to leave NSWE would probably offer to drop £10M into an offshore account just to keep him here. These are not men who lose. 

Totally agree. I sometimes almost pinch myself that we have him and that unique set of circumstances of him being one of us and one of the best in the world. Not just one of the best but one of the most unique and enjoyable players to watch i've ever seen. Whatever happens in this clubs history, we won't see it again. We could get lucky and another villa fan like Louie Barry turns out to be a top player and we get a bit of that feeling again but you could be watching Villa for another 70 years and there won't be another one like him (kind of sad in a way). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

Buendia doesn’t have to sign a contract if Norwich accept an offer. Not a chance he doesn’t ask “by the way, are you selling the best player in the universe?” because it would be a huge factor in deciding where to go. If we were, he would be a lot more patient with other clubs mulling over their offers.

Thing is Villa probably don't know for sure. if they are selling Grealish or not.

£100m+ bid from city in July - Jack says he wants to go. We don't know 100% that won't happen.

Any assurances given to Budenia will include such disclaimers.

3 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Totally agree. I sometimes almost pinch myself that we have him and that unique set of circumstances of him being one of us and one of the best in the world. Not just one of the best but one of the most unique and enjoyable players to watch i've ever seen. Whatever happens in this clubs history, we won't see it again. We could get lucky and another villa fan like Louie Barry turns out to be a top player and we get a bit of that feeling again but you could be watching Villa for another 70 years and there won't be another one like him (kind of sad in a way). 

Sliding doors.

I’m not sad about it though, just appreciate these few years as the AVFC renaissance unfolds. We’re witnessing something really special and future fans who missed this journey back to the top will take elite status for granted, never knowing the anxiety and footballing emotions we’ve lived with for a decade or more. 

We’re safe and secure, the rest is just a matter of time. 

Â