The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

35 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He’s obviously been a bit silly but some of the reactions on here yesterday were embarrassing and totally OTT.

Not sure why I’d expect anything else mind.

Haha

In off topic you literally posted that you didn't care if lots of people died from coronavirus. 

And people being angry at jack grealish is embarrassing and totally ott. 

It's a strange morale compass you seem to be working with. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

I was shocked to read that they'd found white powder on his car seats.

The work he has put in to repairing his reputation and the way he's been looking after himself. Who would believe he's been hiding something like dandruff from us?

Dont worry, it was just flour. I heard that he baked a bread and was delivering it to somebody who was in need of food

You can’t excuse it and an apology would be meaningless unless it’s backed up by actions. His one redemption would be to volunteer to help the NHS. The club shouldn’t stop him as there’s no football for a minimum of 3 months anyway

I don't think it's as simple as if he does it on the pitch, he can get away with anything off it, there's definitely a line to be drawn, but I don't think this is it and I'm astonished anyone would want to sell him over it.

It's definitely a good reason to take the captaincy away though. He should never have been captain in the first place. He doesn't lead. He doesn't inspire. He sulks when things don't go his way. And as much as a wizard he is with a ball at his feet, the bloke is clearly as thick as pig shit.

• Like 1

It’s brought out the football tribalism in me. 

So many noses desperately tweeting WMP and going on about mythical CCTV footage, that I’ve gone from thinking we should throw the book at him, to wanting him to get away with it all, just to shut them up. 

51 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

there were posts from folks whose wives were working on the front line during this pandemic...literally risking their lives. people who hadn't seen their parents + family in weeks too. i dont think anyone is in a position to say that the reactions from these are embarrassing or OTT when we all know that the way to get through this is by each of us playing our part and staying indoors then we see our captain going to a party.

i was absolutely livid yesterday...i can't imagine how i'd feel if my mrs was a nurse or something.

villatalk has overreacted on more than one occasion in the past...yesterday wasn't one of those days IMO

People were saying he should be locked up, that they hope he leaves in the summer now and that they won’t care if/when he does.

Some of those same people a week ago will have been banging on about how great he is and how indispensable he is to us.

But sure, no overreacting whatsoever.

Tensions and emotions are high obviously but people need to keep some sense of reality in mind.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

So the Mirror reporting two other Prem players at the party and one of which is an England player.

Let's hope it's no more of ours.

If an England player we only Mings or Heaton which is very unlikely

Now Drinkwater I could certainly see

37 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Postmen are Still out delivering junk mail, shop workers are still having to go to work to sell all manner of nine essential goods. Everyday hundreds and thousands of people are out and about  ... The lock down was brought in to slow the pace of this so not to overwhelm the NHS. I’d also point out in a any given year regular flu can kill 500,000+ globally... I think some perspective about the dangers is required. At the frontline of the NHS it is awful I accept that completely and they deserve a better government. 

He will rightly be fined and warned about his behaviour. He went out and got caught and has faced consequences. That’s the end of it for me. 

the death rate of seasonal flu is around 0.1%. the death rate of COVID is between 1.5-2.5%. that's a massive difference. basically if 100 of your mates/family get COVID, you'll potentially be attending 2 of their funerals. so putting in perspective, this virus is MUCH more serious than flu...hence the outrage around jack's behaviour. i didn't see a single overreaction yesterday...and actually wound me up how cool a lot of people were about it all

but i do agree that there does come a time to draw a line under it all

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

People were saying he should be locked up, that they hope he leaves in the summer now and that they won’t care if/when he does.

Some of those same people a week ago will have been banging on about how great he is and how indispensable he is to us.

But sure, no overreacting whatsoever.

Tensions and emotions are high obviously but people need to keep some sense of reality in mind.

i didnt see any posts around calling for him to be locked up...not sure what that would be for so technically speaking that would be an overreaction as for first offence (assuming he was DUI) he wouldnt be imprisoned anyway...so i'll give you that one.

personally speaking, 2 days ago i'd have been close to shedding a tear if he signed for man u...not the case now...it's made his departure more tolerable for me i have to say

15 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

It’s brought out the football tribalism in me. 

So many noses desperately tweeting WMP and going on about mythical CCTV footage, that I’ve gone from thinking we should throw the book at him, to wanting him to get away with it all, just to shut them up. 

Blues fans want him charged for the disappearance of Lord lucan, they're throwing everything at him, drunk driving, drugs, fleeing an accident

Also very unlikely but after their not my captain bollocks harlee Dean being one of the other two would also be hilarious 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

That's all the club can do unless they get permission off the pfa to do more 

He's a very lucky boy that he's living in England and not in a Mediterranean country.

Just now, Zatman said:

Neymar was caught on a beach in Brazil when he should be self isolating. 

Will be a few other players caught out in coming weeks

But wasn't that at his beach house, on his own private beach playing volleyball.

Luka Jovic might be in a bit of trouble thou. Flying home to Serbia to hang with his GF. Risking 3 years in prison.

Â