The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

The way they talked about the release clause it sounded contingent on us not getting promoted so I imagine it expired when we did. At the very least, if it does exist, I’m sure it would have increased from £45m.

I'm desperately hoping this is the case.

It's certainly plausible.

23 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Supposed to be 45 mill but Grealish clearly wants to lead Villa to PL heights

From what I read earlier the £ 45 million where if we were in the championship. Then we got promoted and things changed. I think it's safe to say if he had a release clause of £ 45 million now, a new contract offer would be first on the clubs agenda before signing any players what so ever. 

15 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Yeah I seem to remember there being reports of a release clause when he signed the new contract.  Gone quiet on that front though and surely someone would have triggered it.

think that was for not getting promoted but could be wrong

If there is a clause and its much lower than the true value there is nothing to stop Jack saying to a suitor that he might be interested in that they need to up the offer above the clause if they want to talk to him.

If the clause is £45m, and he's worth £70m for example he can hold out for that for the club if he wants to.

I really would like to see Jack play for England. Along with Mings it would make it fun to watch England.

If Jack sets the Euros on fire and Villa stay up I wonder if we will manage to keep him.

I would be gutted to see him play for Manure or Spurs.

I hope he will do a Gerrard and stay with the club he loves. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I could handle him moving to any club but Man U or Liverpool.

So, Leicester, then? 

I'd say any English team would be a struggle to see him play for, but to be honest Liverpool right now, under Klopp, look brilliant. However, there are only two teams that I wouldn't mind seeing him join - and this would only be the case if we were relegated: 

Dortmund

Real Madrid

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I could handle him moving to any club but Man U or Liverpool.

I couldn't handle him moving anywhere to be honest.  He just keeps getting better and better.  So glad he is one of our own.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Tayls said:

So, Leicester, then? 

I'd say any English team would be a struggle to see him play for, but to be honest Liverpool right now, under Klopp, look brilliant. However, there are only two teams that I wouldn't mind seeing him join - and this would only be the case if we were relegated: 

Dortmund

Real Madrid

Even Leicester over Man U or Liverpool.  

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Even Leicester over Man U or Liverpool.  

Jack joining Leicester would be devastating. 

As well as they are doing at the moment, not taking that away from them, but... No. And as per my last post, this applies to any English team.. however I would probably get over it more quickly if he went to Liverpool, Man U, Man City or Chelsea. 

Edited by Tayls

2 hours ago, Ouchmefoot said:

I would be gutted to see him play for Manure or Spurs.

to be fair that is a LOL firstly Spurs couldn't afford him now given how his value has risen, secondly providing we stay up i see our level rapidly catching spurs as they are clearly on the start of a massive decline and don't have the history or club size of say a man utd to keep the current team together without CL football which they are not going to get with Jose running the club into the ground. Lastly on Jose again i think Jack has a bit to much flair and creativity for a Jose side.

My understanding is a "chance" is a pass that resulted in a shot being taken, I'm assuming they include assists in that too

Take Tuesday night for example, he gets a chance created for the goal, however he doesn't get a chance created for the 2 absolute worldie crosses that he put in, the one to guilbert which Chilwell did well to save and the one for samatta, neither resulted in a shot

I might be wrong there but that's the way I read it

Â