Jump to content
kevangrealish

Jack Grealish

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Cant understand why we were crying out for Grealish in the game  when we were quality against Liverplop without him last week!

We could barely hang onto the ball second half and bar thay Hourihane chance just stayed near our own box for most of the second half.

Different sort of game anyway with a 1-0 lead to hold onto for most of it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shame he’s not fit, with Sterling out of the squad along with Barkley he would of been called up, would of been a great confidence boost for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2019 at 14:59, Pimlico_Villa said:

His injury record is another factor why top teams won’t buy him. He consistently misses chunks of seasons through injury. 


Nonsense, all his long term injuries are impact injury through the way he plays. The kidney one was a freak incident.

If he had reoccurring hamstring problems or muscle injury they’d be put off, his injuries are just unfortunate. 

Edited by villan-scott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is getting worrying now, all these injuries just as we are due to play the one game on paper we have the biggest chance of 3 points from for the next 6 games!

Newcastle will be very tough, they will be out to get one in for Bruce as will Clark. They keep picking up results too, won at Arsenal, won at West Ham Beat Man U etc.

Must admit i am starting to get very concerned about the next half dozen games off the back of 3 straight losses too.

We need at least 5 points from them in my opinion which would put us on 16 from 18 games but with a load of the toughest fixtures done.

Edited by danceoftheshamen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The injury come at such a terrible time for him personally, he'd have absolutely been called up now with people dropping out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, danceoftheshamen said:

It is getting worrying now, all these injuries just as we are due to play the one game on paper we have the biggest chance of 3 points from for the next 6 games!

Newcastle will be very tough, they will be out to get one in for Bruce as will Clark. They keep picking up results too, won at Arsenal, won at West Ham Beat Man U etc.

Must admit i am starting to get very concerned about the next half dozen games off the back of 3 straight losses too.

We need at least 5 points from them in my opinion which would put us on 16 from 18 games but with a load of the toughest fixtures done.

I'm not so worried. I actually think we'll be bottom after the next five games but it doesn't worry me. I think that, as the season goes on, we'll get better and better - together with an addition or two in January - and we will see better points returns in the latter part of the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I'm not so worried. I actually think we'll be bottom after the next five games but it doesn't worry me. I think that, as the season goes on, we'll get better and better - together with an addition or two in January - and we will see better points returns in the latter part of the season. 

I tend to agree with what you say but... I’d rather have points on the board, if you get a little bad luck or poor performance then you can get cut adrift and stuck in a rut, it’s not good then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is it with the club underplaying the seriousness of Jacks injuries?  Has there been an update? Do they expect him back for Newcastle?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What is it with the club underplaying the seriousness of Jacks injuries?  Has there been an update? Do they expect him back for Newcastle?

The new powers that be work like this.

It's of no benefit for them to release information about injuries that will enable the opposition to better plan against us.

So it's in our best interests not to know!

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nigel said:

The new powers that be work like this.

It's of no benefit for them to release information about injuries that will enable the opposition to better plan against us.

So it's in our best interests not to know!

 

I guess. Just hope he’s back soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just random, got a Woves fan at work wont shut up about the weekend. Said we would swap Neves for Grealish in a heartbeat. Told him no chance what you guys think??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Just random, got a Woves fan at work wont shut up about the weekend. Said we would swap Neves for Grealish in a heartbeat. Told him no chance what you guys think??

Grealish no. Any other one of our midfields yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't swap either of McGinn or Grealish for Neves, he really hasn't been that great for them since they were promoted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grealish absolutely tore him a new a-hole the only time they played against each other - the 4-1 at VP a couple of seasons back.

Neves is a ball player but he can't tackle for toffee and he doesn't have any pace.  I wouldn't swap any of our three - McGinn, Jack or Marvelous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Just random, got a Woves fan at work wont shut up about the weekend. Said we would swap Neves for Grealish in a heartbeat. Told him no chance what you guys think??

Tell him we said he's a dickhead. The Dingles lording it over us has always been a minor blip. Why do you think we are and always will be the most hated club in the Midlands. Yeah that's right....It's because no matter how crap we are it's inevitable that we will rise above them all soon enough. Our cup finals are cup finals. Their cup finals are always against us. Says it all. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â