The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

38 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Cant understand why we were crying out for Grealish in the game  when we were quality against Liverplop without him last week!

We could barely hang onto the ball second half and bar thay Hourihane chance just stayed near our own box for most of the second half.

Different sort of game anyway with a 1-0 lead to hold onto for most of it.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2019 at 14:59, Pimlico_Villa said:

His injury record is another factor why top teams won’t buy him. He consistently misses chunks of seasons through injury. 

Nonsense, all his long term injuries are impact injury through the way he plays. The kidney one was a freak incident.

If he had reoccurring hamstring problems or muscle injury they’d be put off, his injuries are just unfortunate. 

Edited by villan-scott

It is getting worrying now, all these injuries just as we are due to play the one game on paper we have the biggest chance of 3 points from for the next 6 games!

Newcastle will be very tough, they will be out to get one in for Bruce as will Clark. They keep picking up results too, won at Arsenal, won at West Ham Beat Man U etc.

Must admit i am starting to get very concerned about the next half dozen games off the back of 3 straight losses too.

We need at least 5 points from them in my opinion which would put us on 16 from 18 games but with a load of the toughest fixtures done.

Edited by danceoftheshamen

1 hour ago, danceoftheshamen said:

It is getting worrying now, all these injuries just as we are due to play the one game on paper we have the biggest chance of 3 points from for the next 6 games!

Newcastle will be very tough, they will be out to get one in for Bruce as will Clark. They keep picking up results too, won at Arsenal, won at West Ham Beat Man U etc.

Must admit i am starting to get very concerned about the next half dozen games off the back of 3 straight losses too.

We need at least 5 points from them in my opinion which would put us on 16 from 18 games but with a load of the toughest fixtures done.

I'm not so worried. I actually think we'll be bottom after the next five games but it doesn't worry me. I think that, as the season goes on, we'll get better and better - together with an addition or two in January - and we will see better points returns in the latter part of the season. 

33 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I'm not so worried. I actually think we'll be bottom after the next five games but it doesn't worry me. I think that, as the season goes on, we'll get better and better - together with an addition or two in January - and we will see better points returns in the latter part of the season. 

I tend to agree with what you say but... I’d rather have points on the board, if you get a little bad luck or poor performance then you can get cut adrift and stuck in a rut, it’s not good then.

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What is it with the club underplaying the seriousness of Jacks injuries?  Has there been an update? Do they expect him back for Newcastle?

The new powers that be work like this.

It's of no benefit for them to release information about injuries that will enable the opposition to better plan against us.

So it's in our best interests not to know!

• Like 2

Grealish absolutely tore him a new a-hole the only time they played against each other - the 4-1 at VP a couple of seasons back.

Neves is a ball player but he can't tackle for toffee and he doesn't have any pace.  I wouldn't swap any of our three - McGinn, Jack or Marvelous.

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Just random, got a Woves fan at work wont shut up about the weekend. Said we would swap Neves for Grealish in a heartbeat. Told him no chance what you guys think??

Tell him we said he's a dickhead. The Dingles lording it over us has always been a minor blip. Why do you think we are and always will be the most hated club in the Midlands. Yeah that's right....It's because no matter how crap we are it's inevitable that we will rise above them all soon enough. Our cup finals are cup finals. Their cup finals are always against us. Says it all. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Just random, got a Woves fan at work wont shut up about the weekend. Said we would swap Neves for Grealish in a heartbeat. Told him no chance what you guys think??

they always come up with that shite

firstly they're different players in different roles, secondly you can quite comfortably make an argument for grealish being a villa lad means more to our club, definitely doing more, more chances created, more key passing etc and how he plays a more vital role for our team than neves plays for wolves, you could also point out a few websites that track performance and form and say grealish is playing better than neves but unfortunately the dingle will pull out things like national caps and the quality of Portugal's squad, champions league appearances, the premier league table and of course assists and goals, neves is a great player who if you take off the villa tinted specs would walk in to our team, the stupid thing about the comparisons is they could play in the same team and play well together, jack would also walk in to the wolves team no doubt about it but at the expense of jota in their current formation

Â