The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Its baffling that he is comparing Grealish to completely different players in Rashford, Sterling and  Hudson-Odoi. It would be like justifying not including Mings because of Delph and Henderson. Odd.

He's played his best football for us in the Prem since moving to the left of a front 3 so I can see why Southgate would compare him to them.  I don't agree with it and it's harsh on Jack but I can only see it as a good thing as he has had a recent injury and is also motivated to put in even more great performances.  Still plenty of time to get in there before the euros. 

• Like 1

Really weird comments from Southgate - he's either thick as shit, or just wasn't ready for detailed questions about excluding Jack (which means he's thick as shit).

He's up for PL player of the month, is a talent unlike other players he has available, and there are murmurs about how Maddison didn't get a game and how he dropped out, so he is under scrutiny and Jack is the next player for the press to focus on. Aside from not selecting him, it's just poor. 

7 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Really weird comments from Southgate - he's either thick as shit, or just wasn't ready for detailed questions about excluding Jack (which means he's thick as shit).

He's up for PL player of the month, is a talent unlike other players he has available, and there are murmurs about how Maddison didn't get a game and how he dropped out, so he is under scrutiny and Jack is the next player for the press to focus on. Aside from not selecting him, it's just poor. 

why pick player of the month when you can pick someone who plays 20% of his teams games??

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Southgate "it's hard because he's up against Hudson-Odoi"

Yep, nice one Gareth:

Hudson Odoi - career total 17 appearances for Chelsea, 90%+ from the bench = no goals

Can really see why that would be a head scratcher for ya Gareth, effing gimp that you are.

To be to fair to Hudson-Odoi, he's been averaging an assist every 74 minutes in his 5 PL appearances this year, and an assist every 90 minutes in all appearances whilst Grealish is averaging a goal or assist every 179minutes of PL action. Although if you're only looking at Grealish's matches in October, its an assist/goal every 88 minutes in all PL appearances.

I don't know why Hudson-Odoi isn't playing more for his team, but perhaps Southgate was very impressed of what he saw of him when he did have time to play.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

Is he for real?

The reason they went down to 10 men in the first place was because they couldn't cope with Jack's talent.

Ok, so performances doesn't count when it's against 10 men. Got it.

You learn something new everyday i suppose.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

To be to fair to Hudson-Odoi, he's been averaging an assist every 74 minutes in his 5 PL appearances this year, and an assist every 90 minutes in all appearances whilst Grealish is averaging a goal or assist every 179minutes of PL action. Although if you're only looking at Grealish's matches in October, its an assist/goal every 88 minutes in all PL appearances.

I don't know why Hudson-Odoi isn't playing more for his team, but perhaps Southgate was very impressed of what he saw of him when he did have time to play.

I think that simplifies it though, scoring goals is not one of England's problems, and he might not have as many assists but he is creating more chances, stick kane in front of him instead of Wesley and see where his assists stats end up, then you look at what englands problems are - someone in midfield who can drive the ball forward, has good ball retention and passing skills, controlling the pace and keeping possession, that's not Hudson-odoi

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think that simplifies it though, scoring goals is not one of England's problems, and he might not have as many assists but he is creating more chances, stick kane in front of him instead of Wesley and see where his assists stats end up, then you look at what englands problems are - someone in midfield who can drive the ball forward, has good ball retention and passing skills, controlling the pace and keeping possession, that's not Hudson-odoi

Whilst I agree with this, considering Southgate's coments I don't think he sees Grealish as that type of player for some reason and would rather he be on the wing.

3 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Whilst I agree with this, considering Southgate's coments I don't think he sees Grealish as that type of player for some reason and would rather he be on the wing.

that's the worrying thing for me about southgate, the WC was a fluke, we got a good draw, set up really well at set pieces and gave teams problems and even though he didn't play well kane can score goals, what have we built on it since? nothing...the defence has got weaker (which hopefully mings will fix) and the mdfield still looks clueless, as soon as we play a decent team next summer we'll show no progression whatsoever 

I've bitten my tongue on this gimp, but he's absolutely taking the piss this time round.

How the hell is Grealish up against Raheem Sterling, Marcus Rashford and Callum Hudson-Odoi? Even if he is, there's only one of those three who should be ahead of him.

Its clear he'll never rate him. He has this obsession for steady eddy players without any outstanding attributes cos it reminds him of himself probably. 

"He was very close and just has to keep playing the way he is."  Well how the **** does that work?

I'd say this is almost like Southgate having the perfect wife, but refuses her and has an affair with somebody not quite as good.

Then pays loads of money to keep it out of the papers.

That's how I'd describe this.

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

that's the worrying thing for me about southgate, the WC was a fluke, we got a good draw, set up really well at set pieces and gave teams problems and even though he didn't play well kane can score goals, what have we built on it since? nothing...the defence has got weaker (which hopefully mings will fix) and the mdfield still looks clueless, as soon as we play a decent team next summer we'll show no progression whatsoever 

It's like if Jonathan Woodgate becomes England manager after 10 years after getting sacked by Middlesbrough (looking likely now) and then lucking his way into the U21 job. He's just not a very good manager at all. 

1 hour ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Just heard Southgate say as well ‘I watched him against Brighton, he played well but they only had 10 men’ Jesus now your clutching at excuses, what is Jack suppose to do? Ask one of our players to walk off so it’s a level playing field? I’m pretty sure he was playing out of his skin when they had 11. I’m really annoyed.

I mean. I said the same thing. He has a point. It of course made things a lot easier for us as a team—the game proves that. Brighton were much better than us until they got a red.

I still think Southgate's mad for not including him though.

14 minutes ago, villanmac said:

I've bitten my tongue on this gimp, but he's absolutely taking the piss this time round.

How the hell is Grealish up against Raheem Sterling, Marcus Rashford and Callum Hudson-Odoi? Even if he is, there's only one of those three who should be ahead of him.

Its clear he'll never rate him. He has this obsession for steady eddy players without any outstanding attributes cos it reminds him of himself probably. 

"He was very close and just has to keep playing the way he is."  Well how the **** does that work?

What he meant to say was 'he was very close, and if he joins Chelsea next summer then I'll pick him, particularly if he spends most of his time on the bench there'

• Like 2

Ask any manager in the Premier League if they would want Barkley or Grealish and everyone would take Jack in a heartbeat. Southgate is phony who would never keep a job in the Prem.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gurru991 said:

Ask any manager in the Premier League if they would want Barkley or Grealish and everyone would take Jack in a heartbeat. Southgate is phony who would never keep a job in the Prem.

Leicester fan? Respect. 👍

Â