Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Is falling skies any good?

Anyone watch it?

i watched a few episodes and it seemed very average.

a couple of my friends watched more and said it wasn't that good.

I liked it, started off great, but it does get a bit weird. Kinda of like a low budget Walking Dead, but with aliens and a story that becomes a bit too wild after a while.

Loved the three first of Fargo too. Some great characters in it.

Finished the first season of Resurrection. Reminded me a little bit of Invasion. It's okay, but nothing special.

Oh and 24 and Louie is back \o/

Anyone watching Generation War?

I watched the first episode and didn't think much of it but missed the second episode because the snooker overran.

Did it get any better?

It looked about the right time for the Wannsee conference and the siege of Stalingrad.

Was just about to post about that.

Fox have just ordered it to series so I'll be looking forward to how this turns out.

It's a Batman prequel telling the story of a young James Gordon starting out in the Gotham Police department. It's going to feature stories of Batman villains before they became... well, Batman villains.

Gordon is being played by Ben McKenzie who you might recognise from The O.C or Southland. He must be a big Batman fan as he did the voice of a young Bruce Wayne in the Batman: Year One animated film they did a couple of years ago.

• Like 1

Yep Jack is back!

Will wait to watch 24 til I have a few episodes lined up. Currently got half of season 7 and all of season 8 of "House" to finish first...then GoT season 4.

Then 24. Then maybe True Detective

Oh and Californication

Fox have just ordered it to series so I'll be looking forward to how this turns out.

It's a Batman prequel telling the story of a young James Gordon starting out in the Gotham Police department. It's going to feature stories of Batman villains before they became... well, Batman villains.

Gordon is being played by Ben McKenzie who you might recognise from The O.C or Southland. He must be a big Batman fan as he did the voice of a young Bruce Wayne in the Batman: Year One animated film they did a couple of years ago.

so it wont have Batman the character in it?

I think it could be a good premise but I cant be only person who thinks making films into tv shows is just as lazy as sequels

Batman would be about 10, even I'd fancy my chances there!

I think it could be a good premise but I cant be only person who thinks making films into tv shows is just as lazy as sequels

Nope, no Batman, just Bruce as a kid. I assume it'll be largely about his relationship with Gordon and how he helped to shape Bruce into a vigilante despite that not being Gordon's intention.

It's not turning a film into a TV show though, Batman was originally a comic. I don't think 'Gotham' will have any relation to the Dark Knight trilogy or indeed any movies, TV shows, or comics/graphic novels. It will just take the core story points, i.e. Bruce's parents being killed, Gordon being there for him as a child and a few of the Batman villains before they became Batman villains, and just run with it whichever way they want.

That trailer doesn't fill me with confidence this will be any good though. Hopefully the show turns out well. I'm a pretty huge Batman fan and I think this is a very interesting premise for a show but it needs to be executed well.

Edited by Ginko

Â