Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

i think 5 or 6 episodes in to punisher

Spoiler

they seemed to hype up russo as jigsaw, gave him the funky mask etc then the big reveal......what the **** is that?! anticlimax or what, i thought half his face would hanging off and messed up

• Like 1

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

i think 5 or 6 episodes in to punisher

Hide contents

they seemed to hype up russo as jigsaw, gave him the funky mask etc then the big reveal......what the **** is that?! anticlimax or what, i thought half his face would hanging off and messed up

Spoiler

Start of ep 4.

Looks like he had a slight shaving mishap, but that's about it.

Googling pictures from the comic it seem they chickened out big time.

• Like 1

S2 of The Punisher is a disappointment.

Everyone is damaged and have a troubled past, yada, yada, yada.

Story isn't really that interesting and 13 ep's make it slow to get where it's going.

Hopefully the final few ep's will improve.

so far it's a 6/10 and I would have switched it off if I hadn't thought the 1st season was pretty good.

Edit: Yup, S2 was a major let down. would not have bothered if I had known it would have been 13 eps of 6/10 mediocrity.

does seem they didn't really have faith in it as they knew it will get cancelled. Bernthal still good in the lead thou.

Ah well, at least I saw it through.

Edited by sne

For someone who is absolutely super fan of the Band of Brothers / Pacific series, does anyone know if there's any news regarding the new one which involves the battle of Britain? 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

On 16/01/2019 at 21:17, Stevo985 said:

Finished Always Sunny.

Poor season overall, with a few highlights here and there.

The final scene was amazing though. Didn't expect anything like that to be honest. I actually need to see it again because I kept expecting something funny to happen, because of how the show usually is.

I finished the series last night, I didn't really get the point in that last scene.  I think you were right that there was some jumping of sharks throughout the whole series but it's nearly impossible to keep a sitcom going for this many series.  I still find Frank and Charlie funny no matter what though.

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I finished the series last night, I didn't really get the point in that last scene.  I think you were right that there was some jumping of sharks throughout the whole series but it's nearly impossible to keep a sitcom going for this many series.  I still find Frank and Charlie funny no matter what though.

Apparently the last scene was a tribute to gay people who got in touch with Rob McElhenney and told him how Mac coming out had inspired them. 

It does sort of come out of nowhere but it’s an amazing scene. 

It was a really, really odd way to end it. Brave choice, I guess, but I just thought it was dull, and incredibly cheesy. 

As soon as I saw the teary-eyed audience I said "ffs, they're all going to stand up and clap, aren't they?". :puke:

Ultimately though, it was a very long scene to end a sitcom series, without a single laugh. It's definitely one I'll skip when rewatching episodes.

Edited by Davkaus

Murder Mountain.

Netflix do another true crime documentary series, this time revolving around Humboldt County in northern California and the eponymous 'Murder Mountain' within it. 

Despite the band the series is actually an attempt at doing a bit of a potted history of the cannabis capital of the US. This makes the series a bit messy, there's at times 4 threads of stories going on at the same time. The driving force behind things is a focus on a specific missing person care in the County, which is a hotspot for people vanishing and which becomes increasingly convoluted, but around this you have a history of the place, how it came to be the Mecca for marijuana growers, and how that evolved, a story of the effect on the community of legalisation in California, and the story of someone choosing to continue working the black market.

It's... Ok. The biggest issue is, I think, that the subject matter is fundamentally not that interesting. There's interesting elements that it nods at - issues with policing a community founded on illegality and the subsequent failures of the police, the impact of legalisation on a industry that had thrived in the environment illegality offered - but what is here could be dealt with in a single feature length documentary.

It's also got a few unintentionally funny moments. One of the people it follows is a laughably try hard kid who you see initially only wearing a bandana to hide his identity, but the second time you see him he's been arrested and openly talks to the camera. He then goes back to the constant disguise look. Better, he seems to be really bad at the marijuana business. He is desperate to maintain being an 'outlaw' and won't go straight, but literally the entirety of his time on screen is him **** up or being ****. He starts off returning to his plot to see it's been robbed and turned over, then he gets arrested, then he does the world's most boring drug deal after telling the filmmakers how to prepare weed to deal (during which he criticises people walking around with bin bags of product before walking out of his hotel room with a very shifty looking duffle bag), then gets mugged... He appears not to be very good at the game.

There's also a later scene where the show tries to portray a tragic incident, but it actually comes across as a load of stoned hicks with guns accidentally killing one of their own.

Overall it's a decent enough watch but there's very little profound here and less hard to take a lot of it seriously. Especially these guys who've run illegal farms for decades complaining about the costs of going straight.

finished the punisher 2, marvel TV paint by numbers, the villains dont work, its got some bloat issues in the middle but at the same time its got some great violent scenes scattered about

wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt come back, not sure where they take him or what they can do with him

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Apparently the last scene was a tribute to gay people who got in touch with Rob McElhenney and told him how Mac coming out had inspired them. 

It does sort of come out of nowhere but it’s an amazing scene. 

5 minutes of him dancing with a bird seems a bit of a weird tribute.  Also being inspired to come out by a character who has a dido attached to an exercise bike for lols seems a bit odd but each to their own I guess.

14 hours ago, Chindie said:

It's also got a few unintentionally funny moments. One of the people it follows is a laughably try hard kid who you see initially only wearing a bandana to hide his identity, but the second time you see him he's been arrested and openly talks to the camera. He then goes back to the constant disguise look. Better, he seems to be really bad at the marijuana business. He is desperate to maintain being an 'outlaw' and won't go straight, but literally the entirety of his time on screen is him **** up or being ****. He starts off returning to his plot to see it's been robbed and turned over, then he gets arrested, then he does the world's most boring drug deal after telling the filmmakers how to prepare weed to deal (during which he criticises people walking around with bin bags of product before walking out of his hotel room with a very shifty looking duffle bag), then gets mugged... He appears not to be very good at the game.

He also has a fairly distinctive tattoo on his arm which is equally visible in the disguised and not-disguised bits of footage.

Agree with your assessment of the (mini)series overall though - some occasional points of interest but poorly put together.

First 3 eps of True Detective s3 are not bad at all.

Both Dorff and especially Ali are really good and their interplay is also really good.

Story is interesting but still hard to know exactly where it is going (although I'm starting to have an idea) 

It's just that you cant help but comparing it to S1 (not seen S2) and it's not got that magic yet.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sne said:

First 3 eps of True Detective s3 are not bad at all.

Both Dorff and especially Ali are really good and their interplay is also really good.

Story is interesting but still hard to know exactly where it is going (although I'm starting to have an idea) 

It's just that you cant help but comparing it to S1 (not seen S2) and it's not got that magic yet.

I though Ali was the best thing in Luke Cage as Cottonmouth.

He’s also supposed to be great in Green Book with Viggo Mortensen.

looking forward to watching True Detective 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I though Ali was the best thing in Luke Cage as Cottonmouth.

He’s also supposed to be great in Green Book with Viggo Mortensen.

looking forward to watching True Detective 

and treme! can remember him in predators too and hidden figures, TD has timed it perfectly he's the draw for this series (and so far he's lived up to it too) he should get another best actor nod for green book 

he's due something really really big

• Like 1

On 20/01/2019 at 20:43, villa4europe said:

finished the punisher 2, marvel TV paint by numbers, the villains dont work, its got some bloat issues in the middle but at the same time its got some great violent scenes scattered about

wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt come back, not sure where they take him or what they can do with him

I enjoy this show just for the violence and not the plot. The girl he is partnered with is really annoying so far

The Passage is such a disappointment.

The show is to the books what Brad Pitt's World war Z was to that book, as in having only the name in common with the source material.

There is Zero atmosphere in the show, things are just happening and there is no explanation to why the characters act the way the do. Paper thin.

The sense of dread from the book is non existent here and the acting is not great.

Pretty much all of the best things from the first book is gone or changed.

Other than the obvious wad of cash I can't see why Cronin signed off on this.

I’m Slightly addicted to Blindspot. 

I know it’s trash but I seem to be getting through a couple of episodes every day. There’s plot holes everywhere, the acting is hokey as hell but I can’t stop watching. 

Edited by choffer
  • Like 1

Â