Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I'm enjoying it, perhaps because it's my bag (X files, lost, from, etc. I like em all) or maybe cos I didn't watch it hoping it'd be a 'proper' true detective series. 

I watched 1 and 3 in preparation, missing out 2 because I have a vague memory of it being shite 

This far in to 4 and I'm not sure if it's just massively overrated, probably because of who's in it, it's nowhere near as clever as it thinks it is to the point where a good chunk of season 1 on a second viewing felt like guff 

It's a 7/10 TV show, not top table must see 

16 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I watched 1 and 3 in preparation, missing out 2 because I have a vague memory of it being shite 

This far in to 4 and I'm not sure if it's just massively overrated, probably because of who's in it, it's nowhere near as clever as it thinks it is to the point where a good chunk of season 1 on a second viewing felt like guff 

It's a 7/10 TV show, not top table must see 

I'm not sure why you re-watched since they have nothing to do with each other. Season 1 is a high point in television of the last 2 decades.

Edited by Mr_Dogg
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

I'm not sure why you re-watched since they have nothing to do with each other. Season 1 is a high point in television of the last 2 decades.

because the wife hadn't seen them

that was my memory of it but honest watching it again I'm not so sure, there are some bits of it that are absolutely superb but then there are other bits where id question whether or not Rust is actually a bit boring and the script is way too far up its own ass that its not as clever as it thinks it is and at its core the case itself and the way it weaves isn't overly interesting either, I'm not convinced the ending lands

I'm liking True Detective S4. It's way better than S2. 

Spoiler

Think it will be wrapped up with all the supernatural elements of the show being put down to poisonous water from the mine or something like that. 

• Like 1

On 11/02/2024 at 21:05, hogso said:

I'm enjoying it, perhaps because it's my bag (X files, lost, from, etc. I like em all) or maybe cos I didn't watch it hoping it'd be a 'proper' true detective series. 

I'm glad no - one commented that it reminded them of X Files before I watched it, because I wouldn't have bothered. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

I'm glad no - one commented that it reminded them of X Files before I watched it, because I wouldn't have bothered. 

Fringe?

Halo season 2 has started on Paramount+.

Must admit i fell asleep at pretty much the same point trying to get through episode 1, it’s good, but it’s not great, and it should be great given the source material.

12 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Halo season 2 has started on Paramount+.

Must admit i fell asleep at pretty much the same point trying to get through episode 1, it’s good, but it’s not great, and it should be great given the source material.

They completely cocked it up. Drifted away from source material far too much. 

• Like 1

Finished Loudermilk. It grew on me and I'll certainly miss, what at times, was a very funny show. Apparently, it's still got legs according to the writer's and it's just a matter of finding a distributor. I hope so. 

• Like 1

I watched One Day on Netflix this week, 14 episodes randing in 19 minutes to 38 minutes. Its based on the David Nicholls book of the same name, previously there had been a film starring Anne Hathaway. 

It was pretty good in my view, but I loved the book and this series was a lot closer to the book than the film, not that the film strayed too far. Ambika mod was excellent as Emma, believable, and so far the online critics haven't had an issue with her ethnicity. The male lead is Leo Woodall and I would say he is the only weak point in it, not a great actor, but the whole thing carries him anyway.

The soundtrack is excellent, lots of indie hits, so if you like a bit of main stream indie, this hits the right notes. As an aside when David Nicholls first released One Day, on his website he had a list of tunes called the Emma morley mixtape, which was a lot better but I suspect they couldnt get permission for it all.

Regardless, if you like David Nicholls outside of Us, this is the best adaption of his work and worth a watch.

Late to the party with Fargo series 5 and about halfway through, but what excellent television. Some real heavyweight acting performances.

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 2

Â