Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Finished true detective 1 and 3, part of me thinks 3 is better but for as good as the final twist is I think the case itself has a poor conclusion 

Started 4 and it's overly weird so far, has more in common with that sky arctic circle murder mystery show that I cant remember and had a shockingly bad ending 

Reveal hidden contents

Where ancient wasps from outer space were driving people insane 

Fortitude. Can't remember them being from outer space though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hogso said:

Fortitude. Can't remember them being from outer space though.

no that might have been a slight exaggeration based on me still being angry about how that ended, was excellent until the reveal

6 minutes ago, choffer said:

A bit behind on The Bear but the episode Fishes has to be the best hour of telly I’ve watched in a long time. 

It's a absolutely fantastic and uncomfortable watch. Final couple episodes of S2 are great telly.

• Like 2

On 28/01/2024 at 03:00, sne said:

Griselda is OK so far (3 eps in) but no where close to Narcos. The decision to go with Sofia Vergara as Griselda Blanco really isn't working for me. Not that she isn't doing a fine job in the role but the fact that they cast a really attractive person to play a really unattractive (imo) person and then have to put so much makeup on her that she looks like Jack Nicholson as the Joker. Takes me right out of the story.

22384ed6bc922a330e83ec02ac4a8bf7.jpgsofia-vergara-griselda-soc-d56e30771ee340e5b8a3f53dbf191fda.jpg

I'm enjoying it. And she's really showing she's got acting chops. Fair play to her.

Finished all 8 episodes of Reacher S02 in one day (Sunday), some bits not in the book but only to be expected, still a good watch.

"Persuader" is going to be series 3, I'm intruiged to see who they get to play Paulie The Giant.

• Like 2

Just finished season 1 of Reacher 

Really enjoyable but my god do you have to suspend an incredible amount of belief. The bit where they had to find some dude who'd been in hiding for a week so they gave Reacher a map and he narrowed the search down to the very motel room the dude was hiding out in - aye righto :huh:

Its so so dumb. 

Cant wait to start season 2 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Finished all 8 episodes of Reacher S02 in one day (Sunday), some bits not in the book but only to be expected, still a good watch.

"Persuader" is going to be series 3, I'm intruiged to see who they get to play Paulie The Giant.

cigarette uppercut 😀

Binged the first three series of Sons of Anarchy. For some reason had never seen it before, probably because I’ve got zero interest in bikers? Who knows. 

Anyway, it’s excellent, but the Ulster accents are an absolute travesty. Especially as there’s (at least) two Brits in the main cast, you’d have thought one of them would’ve had a word with the director and said how awful they were. James Nesbitt would’ve been perfect as Jimmy O’Phelan, too. 

Anyway, it annoyed be sufficiently that I’m going to have a break from it to catch up on other stuff before recommencing. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Binged the first three series of Sons of Anarchy. For some reason had never seen it before, probably because I’ve got zero interest in bikers? Who knows. 

Anyway, it’s excellent, but the Ulster accents are an absolute travesty. Especially as there’s (at least) two Brits in the main cast, you’d have thought one of them would’ve had a word with the director and said how awful they were. James Nesbitt would’ve been perfect as Jimmy O’Phelan, too. 

Anyway, it annoyed be sufficiently that I’m going to have a break from it to catch up on other stuff before recommencing. 

I watched it years ago then a second time with the wife.

She scoffed and said it was shit but stuck with the first half a dozen episodes and was hooked.

The main thing that pissed me off (as a former biker) was Jax wearing **** sneakers instead of proper boots.

29 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

I'm not sure Charlie Hunnam counts in terms of accents. He's British (Welsh) but even his accent when playing English characters is appalling and usually destroys any immersion for me. His American accents are absolutely rubbish. 

When he's used his own Welsh accent (The Gentlemen), he's really good. 

He's the main reason I've not watched the TV adaptation of Shantaram, which is one of my favourite books. Not because I think he's a bad actor (he's clearly not), but I know his Australian (NZ because plot) accent will sound more like Jamaican, and it will destroy the show for me. 

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

I thought Hunman was a geordie? 

His natural accent must be bad if @HKP90 thinks he’s Welsh 😂

Oh my god, just checked and he is. Jesus wept, get that guy an accent coach. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Also thanks for bloody ruining The Gentlemen for me. I really liked that film. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

His Geordie accent comes through a bit in the Gentlemen, but it's thin enough to not particularly notice.

That's because it's his 'Valley' Geordie. 

12 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Did a great East End accent when he was leader of the GSE 

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

Did a great East End accent when he was leader of the GSE 

Did he though? 

apparently when asked about his accent he said:

"I have a strange accent myself, it's half English and half American, and everybody, my entire life, has thought I was Australian. "I have a lot of family in Melbourne – I came to Melbourne the first time when I was two years old and spent six weeks there, so I've been coming to Australia all my life."

That might explain why he never sounds like a human being from a place. 

Â