Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Finished Good Omens series 2.

Perfectly fine. It's Good Omens fan fic built on a tiny, tiny, tiny side story-esque plot. Gets rid of the stuff people don't like (/didn't survive adaptation), doubles down on what people liked (Aziraphale and Crowley). Basically lives and dies on Sheen and Tennant's performances and chemistry, which remain excellent.

It's not really Good Omens, and it misses that Pratchett touch. But it's still fun.

Edit - also appreciated the Crow Road shout outs. And the very brief Discworld 'cameo'.

Edited by Chindie

Just finished watching Rabbit Hole, it is very good, Charles Dance is his usual excellent self. The only issue is Kiefer Sutherland now looks like a bloke who is about the rob a bank wearing a rubber Kiefer Sutherland mask.

On 22/08/2023 at 23:26, JB said:

Just finished Mr. Inbetween.

I’m pretty sure it was on here that I saw the recommendation so thank you to all those who did!

What a fantastic show. I’ve binged the whole thing in just a few days. Couldn’t stop watching it. There are some truly incredible  scenes.

It’s probably on the list of all time favourites. It seems even better after reading a bit about Scott Ryan. 

Wow.

What a show.

Approaching end of series 2.

Absolutely wonderful TV.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Finished The Bear S2.

Some absolutely brilliant television, at least three of the episodes are some of the best episodes of a TV series I've seen (Honeydew, Fishes & Forks)

Forks aka the Taylor Swift episode is amazing. I watch the service chapter every week.

Apple cider gastrique!

Edited by fightoffyour

Just started The 6th Commandment. It doesn't take very long to reach the conclusion that the Ben character has something very disturbing about him indeed. 

Timothy Spall, always worth the entrance fee. However, I still wonder to this day why he played a Brummie in AP, when they had a genuine Brummie as part of the cast in the form  of Pat Roach.

Edited by sheepyvillian

5 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Timothy Spall, always worth the entrance fee. However, I still wonder to this day why he played a Brummie in AP, when they had a genuine Brummie as part of the cast in the form  of Pat Roach.

Forgot about AP for years! Used to watch it as a kid (and probably didn't get half of it.)

Going to look it up now and see if it's aged well or not.

10 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Just started The 6th Commandment. It doesn't take very long to reach the conclusion that the Ben character has something very disturbing about him indeed. 

If you haven't already seen it, check out the Channel 4 documentary about the case Catching a Killer: A Diary From the Grave - still available online. It's incredible how accurate Éanna Hardwicke's portrayal of Ben Field is in the dramatised version. 

Â