Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

The guy who plays Ben in Ozark has definitely got some acting chops. I've seen a good few actors produce good performances, playing characters with mental health problems,l and his performance is certainly up there with them. Always thought he had something about him from the role he played in Banshee. 

On 03/03/2023 at 21:11, Only2McInallys said:

I have been watching A Southern Scandal on Netflix and having watched 2 episodes I have to say it is an extremely gripping story.

I have just noticed today that there was a court case going on in last few weeks and has just come to its conclusion.It’s about the Alex Murdtaugh murder trial.

Is it me or do all the kids involved come across as words removed? There's a whiff of bullshit in their stories.

On 19/03/2023 at 11:31, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Finished "Your Honor" Series 2 last night.
Excellent,  really good.  7/10

Thanks for this, I didn't realise they were doing a season two let alone that it was already out!

• Like 1

For anybody needing their post apocalyptic fix now that The Last of Us has finished, series 2 of Sweet Tooth is out next month. I really enjoyed the first series, it was excellent.

• Like 2

On 19/03/2023 at 23:18, sheepyvillian said:

The guy who plays Ben in Ozark has definitely got some acting chops. I've seen a good few actors produce good performances, playing characters with mental health problems,l and his performance is certainly up there with them. Always thought he had something about him from the role he played in Banshee. 

He was decent in the John Wick films too; good actor

• Like 1

On 19/03/2023 at 11:31, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Finished "Your Honor" Series 2 last night.
Excellent,  really good.  7/10

Having previously enjoyed series 1, I'm looking forward to watching series 2.

Just one thought from me, your 'excellent, really good 7/10' has me wondering - is it excellent or 7 out of 10?  In my mind, 'excellent' is a 9 and a 7 is merely 'good'.

I do appreciate my 'matching adjectives to scores' is probably for the Boring Thread!😆

• Like 1

I have to say in regards to Ozark, I kind of stopped watching after season 2 on account of it becoming a bit one dimensional and too predictable, however, after giving season 3 a chance to draw me back in, I have  to say, some of the storylines in this season have made for some excellent television. Also the acting as been really top - notch. Laura Linney is some actress, I mean, Wendy has to be one of the most despicable characters ever, but she's clever with it and that makes her such a scary individual. Linney done a wonderful job in developing her role. I'm really fascinated iby where it's all going to end.

Edited by sheepyvillian

5 hours ago, brommy said:

Having previously enjoyed series 1, I'm looking forward to watching series 2.

Just one thought from me, your 'excellent, really good 7/10' has me wondering - is it excellent or 7 out of 10?  In my mind, 'excellent' is a 9 and a 7 is merely 'good'.

I do appreciate my 'matching adjectives to scores' is probably for the Boring Thread!😆

I am so glad you asked.  Well,  7/10 for a series these days is like Europa league.  8 and 9,  Champ league.  etc.  Seems harsh I know.

It's very difficult to make a truly amazing series these days IMO or we would see more. Its easy to make rubbish or turn into rubbish.  

Star Trek Discovery 3/10 or Latest series of Happy Valley 2/10 as two good examples of when things go badly wrong.

• Like 1

Â