Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I have to check this out. I totally missed that there was a 4th season. As you say, season 3 was pretty hit and miss (probably more miss).

It’s on Disney + , not sure if it’s available elsewhere yet 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

Got to episode 4 and it just wasnt going anywhere. Does it get better?

It definitely ramps up. We found the first couple of episodes quite slow going but we were hooked after that. If you still not feeling after the next one, maybe just hasn't worked for you

Not sure if it’s been talked about on here but I just watched Mr Inbetween on Disney + after seeing a suggestion on IMDB. What an amazing show about an Aussie hit man. It has an 8.6 rating on IMDB so is highly rated by the fee that have seen it. 
I’m only gutted that I finished it in 5 days and it is over. Massively recommended and one of the best shows I have ever seen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Started Boardwalk Empire this morning. A very easy watch, can see me getting through it fairly quick. 

It's good, and at times great. Fades a bit before it abruptly ends, so be warned. 

1 hour ago, stegzy said:

Not sure if it’s been talked about on here but I just watched Mr Inbetween on Disney + after seeing a suggestion on IMDB. What an amazing show about an Aussie hit man. It has an 8.6 rating on IMDB so is highly rated by the fee that have seen it. 
I’m only gutted that I finished it in 5 days and it is over. Massively recommended and one of the best shows I have ever seen.

Just started this after your recommendation. It's superb!! Only on ep1 so far but it's top notch. Good recommendation 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Jon said:

Just started this after your recommendation. It's superb!! Only on ep1 so far but it's top notch. Good recommendation 

So good. Right up there with Breaking Bad and the Wire and such as my favourite series and nobody knows about it. Just gutted it’s over.

Catfish UK, a middle aged woman, quite well to do who thought she was dating George Ezera, (who had one follower on his instagram account and one picture that was greyed out)

‘George’ got upset that he would never meet her when she got talked out of sending his ‘manager’ 5k for a meet and greet. 

Where do you start ffs, worth a watch 🤣

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Mr Inbetween is fantastic. binged the first season in the past 24hours. Thanks for the recommendation! 

Yep.  Me too!! Just starting S2 now. It really is up there with the best shows I've watched, like BB, BCS, Succession, the wire etc. It belongs in that exalted company IMO. 

• Like 1

Have been watching Mr Inbetween after the reactions and recommendations here and whilst I've enjoyed it I didn't quite get the love and comparisons to some fantastic shows.

Spoiler

However I've just seen the birds and bees chat with his daughter and that was absolutely hilarious and some top notch TV.

Caught the last episode of Traumazone on BBC 4 tonight , fascinating look at Russia from 1985 to 1998

watching Yeltsin too drunk to walk up stairs or sign documents as Russia’s economy crumbled and  they introduced a young man modelled on Tony Blair as Prime minister … the rest is history as they say

need to go back and watch the earlier episodes now 

2022 the year from Space on More 4 was a very interesting  watch , seeing  images of China making a ski result , Russian tank movements , volcanic eruptions , devastating floods and animal migration all from a satellite smaller than a hoover !

On 10/02/2023 at 20:16, ender4 said:

Got to episode 4 and it just wasnt going anywhere. Does it get better?

I thought it was excellent all the way through. IF you're not enjoying it after 4 episodes it probably isn't for you

On 12/02/2023 at 09:47, Follyfoot said:

Catfish UK, a middle aged woman, quite well to do who thought she was dating George Ezera, (who had one follower on his instagram account and one picture that was greyed out)

‘George’ got upset that he would never meet her when she got talked out of sending his ‘manager’ 5k for a meet and greet. 

Where do you start ffs, worth a watch 🤣

My missus got me into Catfish years ago.

Whilst on one hand, it’s absolute trash, reality shite American TV, I also think a lot of people could save themselves a whole heap of trouble if they took the time to watch it.

I saw the UK episode you reference, the desperation of some folks is astounding (there’s a great US episode from years ago where a guy thinks he’s in an online relationship with Katy Perry, spoiler - he’s not).

• Haha 1

Â