Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 11/11/2022 at 17:46, sheepyvillian said:

I was thinking of giving "The white Lotus" a go. Anyone got an opinion?

The first season was really good! Great acting, great music, great cinematography, great writing.

Two episodes into season 2 and it's not as good.

But definitely watch season 1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 09/11/2022 at 17:38, tomav84 said:

anyone watching the crown then?

casting a bit off for me. none of them seem quite right so far

I've paused the first episode twice now which is not a good sign.

I think the proximity to recent history makes it tricky. 

I'm expecting to be disappointed. 

On 10/11/2022 at 17:39, mjmooney said:

Physically, some of them are poor choices, but mostly carry it off with voices and mannerisms. 

Good: Phillip, Diana, randy Andy, John Major 

OK: Queen 

Not so good: Margaret, Anne, Queen mum 

Poor: Charles 

McNulty as Charles is a mental hurdle I'm struggling to clear.

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Its brilliant 

Id love for our club to do something like this

I like that it's not another cookie cutter P.R. video. It's got heart. Including the community is a masterstroke. Really gives depth to the story.

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Its brilliant 

Id love for our club to do something like this

No thanks, we've already had caring rich American plaything in the owners manual. Got bored, stockmarket crashed got divorced sold us to a complete knobhead

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

No thanks, we've already had caring rich American plaything in the owners manual. Got bored, stockmarket crashed got divorced sold us to a complete knobhead

Yeah I'd leave that for Liverpool when they get bough out by Elon Musk & Kanye West.

Would be interesting with a All or Nothing: Aston Villa series thou. As long as it's not disruptive to the season.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, bickster said:

Just becauss they american doesnt mean they are all the same

Fern Brady's legs on Taskmaster this week, very noice.  I really like John Kearns, I'd never heard of him and he looked petrified at the start of the series but like most contestants you grow to like them.  I reckon Fern has a crush on him but he's the kind of bloke to be completely oblivious to it.

• Like 3

On my Boardwalk Empire re - binge. That scene when Van Helden is babtising, or should that be drowning, agent Sebso. The look of horror and shock from the gathered worshippers as Van Helden cries, "though has fulfilled  the judgement of the wicked" and then leaves the water with arms spread wide, badge and gun in each hand. What a scene. This show was superbly written and superbly acted. 

• Like 1

Enjoying Animal Kingdom on Prime, but the constant flashbacks in season four are boring. 

And why do we keep seeing naked dudes but hardly any naked women? 

I demand parity! 

On 13/11/2022 at 19:45, Ingram85 said:

Been watching Daredevil again from the start on Disney+. It’s so good. Just as good as first time watching it. VD as Fisk is just scarily perfect casting. 

I recently picked this up for the collection, and is making me want to do a rewatch

1__80888.1639903060.jpg?c=2

8__82854.1639802151.1000.1200_800x.jpg?v

Ancient apocalypse, fact mixed in with well researched speculation regarding Ancient Civilisations and their demise.  Fascinating if you like that type of thing and some of the camera shots are breathtaking. 

Edited by Follyfoot

9 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Enjoying Animal Kingdom on Prime, but the constant flashbacks in season four are boring. 

This flashback theme continues to the end of the series unfortunately. There's a few interesting plot lines but its mostly the younger Smurf just being her usual annoying self (she's FAF though, cracking cans)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

this 1899 on Netflix looks interesting as well 

Same couple that created Dark, so I expect it to be confusingly bonkers and brilliant.

Previews have been very positive.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Godfather Of Harlem, season 3 is back on the 15th January. Can't wait, great show.

Bumpy Johnson along with Mayor of Kingstown and The Last of Us all air on the 15/16th Jan. Much excite.

• Like 1

Â