Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

2 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I’ve not started the new ones yet, but really enjoyed the previous series. It’s not LOL funny, but it was a more than decent watch. 

The new series is quite a change. The jokes are almost totally gone, it's tackling really serious topics, it's bigger and bolder and more grown up.

• Like 1

On 30/06/2022 at 06:59, Rds1983 said:

Started s3 of Umbrella Academy and enjoying it so far. 

Reveal hidden contents

The dance fight scene was absolutely brilliantly surreal. Did not see it coming. 

That’s next week’s viewing once we’ve done with Stranger Things.

Really enjoyed S2 of UA and thought it was better than S1 so have high hopes for the new season. 

24 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

That’s next week’s viewing once we’ve done with Stranger Things.

Really enjoyed S2 of UA and thought it was better than S1 so have high hopes for the new season. 

It's good and they handle Elliot Page's transition very well. There's a great bit in ep1 that I spoilered but then the rest maybe sits at very good (some of the annoying characters are still annoying). Probably an 8/10 at the moment. 

• Like 2

The boys has its heart on its sleeve a bit more in season 3 and I love it

Said before it's crazy to me that it takes a show like the boys to say what it's saying 

Huge spoiler 

Spoiler

Homelander is Donald Trump 

Done with ST4

Spoiler

Wow. A lot to take in and somehow even more unanswered questions. 

Huge spoiler so double tag

Spoiler

Max huh?

Alive physically but mind gone. It was brutal but I'm glad they went that far. Main characters really do have too much plot armour.

And a crazy place to leave it considering the theory about waiting a few years for the next season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Done with ST4

Reveal hidden contents

Wow. A lot to take in and somehow even more unanswered questions. 

Huge spoiler so double tag

Reveal hidden contents

Max huh?

Alive physically but mind gone. It was brutal but I'm glad they went that far. Main characters really do have too much plot armour.

And a crazy place to leave it considering the theory about waiting a few years for the next season.

Having sat on it a bit

Spoiler

I'm a bit disappointed. Volume 1 was so good, it would be hard to follow but it just feels a bit flat. Vecna should be way more powerful than he actually is.

The Boys with a quieter episode this time. 

Spoiler

Soldier Boy makes a very good point. Why did Vought ship Soldier Boy off to the Soviets instead of passing the mantle over to Homelander when he was older? Could have used him to help raise Homelander. 

Also Annie could and should have taken more of the permanent V out of that shelf. If she wants Hughie to be safe and knows the Temp V will kill him it would make far more sense to convince him to take permanent V as he seems to have a lust for the power anyway...

15 hours ago, sne said:

That guitar scene was some glorious cheese :D  Perfect choice of tune too. 

If Stranger Things can launch Running up that Hill to number one then Master of Puppets should do the same now.

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I knew it was a mistake dipping into this thread. 

I was considering making a Venn diagram of "TV that I am currently enjoying" and "TV that the VT thread talks about". 

It would have a very small overlap. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Stranger things 4 finished today, hit all the right spots for me and all elements done very well. Very enjoyable. Won't say much more than that as appreciate others won't have watched it yet. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Stranger things 4 finished today, hot all the right spots for me and all elements done very well. Very enjoyable. Won't say much more than that as appreciate others won't have watched it yet. 

Have the last 80ish minutes to finish tonight. It’s been a phenomenal season. 

• Like 4

Finished the last episode of Under The Banner Of Heaven. I thought it was really good, slow at times, but it certainly told a powerful story about faith and religious extremism. Andrew Garfield was excellent and Gill Birmingham also gave a fine performance as the sceptical, native American, detective. Well worth a watch imo.

Sherwood was pretty good, got the other half to try Life on Mars next. 

After episode one she wants something different 😬

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Try Ashes to Ashes?

That won't wash 😂

Still waiting for BCS to finish so we can binge that. 

Probably finish Lucifer first. 

Â