Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 16/06/2022 at 06:24, Vancvillan said:

Just finished it. Keep going.

We did, last two were cracking. Looking forward to more.

33 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Did anyone watch Halo? It starts on channel 5 on Wednesday and wondering if it’s worth bothering with? 

I watched some of it. As someone who is kinda into the games, I found the TV show to be shockingly shit. They **** up the characters and it barely resembles Halo at all. That said, if you're not into the games maybe you'd like it? Dunno. I also thought just generally it was a bad TV show. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Did anyone watch Halo? It starts on channel 5 on Wednesday and wondering if it’s worth bothering with? 

I don't play games so I kinda enjoyed it as a sort of SC-FI show but it wasn't great

8 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

7 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I watched some of it. As someone who is kinda into the games, I found the TV show to be shockingly shit. They **** up the characters and it barely resembles Halo at all. That said, if you're not into the games maybe you'd like it? Dunno. I also thought just generally it was a bad TV show. 

I second what Pieface said. If they’d made a show of the game it would be better. Pretty stupid and boring.

• Like 1

Finished Stranger Things S4 E7 last night

Spoiler

Really enjoyed the series so far. Had been finding all the scenes with El at the lab pretty dull throughout but they tied that up very nicely in ep7. Agree with whoever put the spoiler tag in about peril for main characters though, it was obvious Steve was going to survive after ep6 and the same again for Nancy as we move into ep8 imo. Also didn’t think they’d kill off Max so early in the series. Wasn’t such a fan of the stoner pizza delivery guy as a character and was good to see less screen time for Mike and Will (two characters I’ve never had much time for). Enjoyed the parts set in Russia.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chappy said:

Finished Stranger Things S4 E7 last night

Hide contents

Really enjoyed the series so far. Had been finding all the scenes with El at the lab pretty dull throughout but they tied that up very nicely in ep7. Agree with whoever put the spoiler tag in about peril for main characters though, it was obvious Steve was going to survive after ep6 and the same again for Nancy as we move into ep8 imo. Also didn’t think they’d kill off Max so early in the series. Wasn’t such a fan of the stoner pizza delivery guy as a character and was good to see less screen time for Mike and Will (two characters I’ve never had much time for). Enjoyed the parts set in Russia.

They've got a marketing deal with quicksilver off the back of the surfer guy, who's name I don't remember so yeah he's obviously not that good a character, you can buy the clothes he wears on the show 

That's a bit weird 

Finished Peaky Blinders last night, for me it was consistently good, the only downside was Moseley and Mitford are historical characters and therefore I knew their outcome. That aside well worth a viewing if anyone is still resisting. Ignore the accents. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Just finished the penultimate episode of Under The Banner Of Heaven. Andrew Garfield has been excellent in this really, macabre story, that, sadly happens to be true. 

i'm about halfway through the series and i'm struggling to be honest. bit too slow moving for me. i might persevere though

mad religion though. "the lord tells me to have as many wives as possible". "so i guess the good lord want's me to have multiple husbands?" "oh no...the lord says you must be true to me only or he will destroy you"

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Finished Peaky Blinders last night, for me it was consistently good, the only downside was Moseley and Mitford are historical characters and therefore I knew their outcome. That aside well worth a viewing if anyone is still resisting. Ignore the accents. 

Started well and ended well but in between was a lot of dead air. Its like a few of the main actors were too busy for a full time schedule 

Better than the snoozefest that was Season 3

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Started well and ended well but in between was a lot of dead air. Its like a few of the main actors were too busy for a full time schedule 

Better than the snoozefest that was Season 3

I put it down to COVID, lots of 2 people scenes. Season 3 I enjoyed, it was 5 that I was getting weary of. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I put it down to COVID, lots of 2 people scenes. Season 3 I enjoyed, it was 5 that I was getting weary of. 

I didn't actually think about the Covid part.

I also read they rewrote the entire series after the actress who played Polly died

On 16/06/2022 at 23:40, heffoman said:

Really liked Severance. Looking forward to season 2.

Severance was absolutely awesome. Stylistically gorgeous and suitably creepy characters, but also genuinely exciting, in that good old "what's up with that, what will happen next" kinda sense. Girlfriend and I were absolutely nailed in front of the telly for nine episodes.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gompedyret said:

Severance was absolutely awesome. Stylistically gorgeous and suitably creepy characters, but also genuinely exciting, in that good old "what's up with that, what will happen next" kinda sense. Girlfriend and I were absolutely nailed in front of the telly for nine episodes.

I thought the redhead in it looked like Christina Hendricks' thinner sister (if she had one).

Â