Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Watched the first 2 episodes of Outer Range. Really nice to look at, good acting and the story is doing just enough to make me want to watch episode 3. I'm just annoyed that the whole thing hinges on 

Spoiler

The supernatural 

Which I generally don't like.

Tried to watch Anatomy of a Scandal but the pacing of it is dragging it down. 

Sienna Miller got old all of a sudden. Still gorgeous, but looks like she's in her mid 40s.

• Like 1

Late to the party but half way through snowfall season 2, its good, I find it easy going rather than proper serious drama, there's no cliff hangers or any of that kind of nonsense just good characters well written and a decent soundtrack 

Its a different thing from narcos but I do think the 2 sit well together if you liked narcos, it's the same world just a different tone 

• Like 1

On 12/04/2022 at 09:44, Designer1 said:

Opposite for me, I couldn't get into The Last Kingdom after I finished Vikings - seemed like a poorer version.

Totally agree. TLK just seemed too... 'BBC-ish'. Vikings was infinitely superior. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

On 19/04/2022 at 05:34, TheAuthority said:

Adric was my favorite companion when I was a kid.

Jo  FTW. 

Google 'Katy Manning Dalek' (I'm not risking a VT yellow card this time). 

Anatomy of a Scandal on Netflix is really good, much like a BBC sunday night political drama. All the performances are excellent, Sienna Miller and Rupert Friend in particular. 

very minor spoiler note

Spoiler

Though the ethical 'faux-pas' of the prosecuting barrister requires some suspension of disbelief!

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Totally agree. TLK just seemed too... 'BBC-ish'. Vikings was infinitely superior. 

Definitely. I’ve watched a couple of seasons of TLK over the last few weeks, and while perfectly okay television, it doesn’t come close to Vikings. It’s too mild, and the characters/acting performances aren’t anywhere near the same level.

One caveat is that TLK has the handicap of being the televisional backdrop to my impending separation, which obviously doesn’t do it any favours 😅

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

The missus decided to watch that Wim Hof thing last night. 

What a load of bollocks. 

Last night was truly awful. Cold showers and breathing exercises dont interesting TV make. Even worse you see very little of Holly W

8 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Flatters to deceive, style over substance etc it has its moments but overall I couldn't recommend it, the last couple of series were a chore.

I didn't get far with Peaky. 

Recently watched two Mexican Netflix offerings.

"I'm No Longer Here", a unique movie centered in Monterrey Cumbia culture and one kid's brush with gangs, a fictional movie. A bit art housy which I like. 

Then a gripping documentary "1994", about the tumultuous year in politics there, including the Chiapas uprising, the candidate Colosio assassination and the election. Brilliant documentary. 

Edited by maqroll

14 hours ago, Rodders said:

Anatomy of a Scandal on Netflix is really good, much like a BBC sunday night political drama. All the performances are excellent, Sienna Miller and Rupert Friend in particular. 

very minor spoiler note

Reveal hidden contents

Though the ethical 'faux-pas' of the prosecuting barrister requires some suspension of disbelief!

I thought was one of the shittest things I have seen for a while. The acting is quite good but the story and dialogue is a joke

actors deserve awards for not camping it up

Â