Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

3 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Started a rewatch of The Bridge. Not really up there with the best shows but still very good television.

Saving the rewatch for a future rainy winters week, its right up there for me, loved it. I hope you mean the Scandinavian version though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Saving the rewatch for a future rainy winters week, its right up there for me, loved it. I hope you mean the Scandinavian version though.

Yes the Scandinavian version I mean. I'ts been close to 10 years so details is forgotten. It's great.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Anyone watched Slow Horses yet? If so, is it worth my time (looks decent enough).

I think it actually starts tomorrow? I will be watching it when it is on anyway 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Anyone watched Slow Horses yet? If so, is it worth my time (looks decent enough).

24 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

I think it actually starts tomorrow? I will be watching it when it is on anyway 

2 episodes land tomorrow I believe.

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Has anyone seen Quarry? Seems like a show that had one season and was cancelled but don't know of it is unfinished or worth watching.

I really enjoyed that. Kind of pissed off there was no series 2.

It did have what I would call a 'soft' finish but they could easily have made more.

Same road as Vinyl really.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

At the risk of breaking VT with endless images of a certain person with a cheese-oriented surname... I'm watching Community again. I love this show so much. Currently on the zombie episode.

Think I've watched that about 3 or 4 times. Always happy to go back to it. 

Started watching Murderville on Netflix and enjoying it a lot. 

12 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Has anyone seen Quarry? Seems like a show that had one season and was cancelled but don't know of it is unfinished or worth watching.

11 hours ago, Designer1 said:

It did have what I would call a 'soft' finish but they could easily have made more.

It was a great series that showed some promise. They even had a season 2 written and good to go but the plug got pulled before filming. Damn shame.

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Struggling through Handmaid's Tale season one.

The story is OK but FFS is it depressing and miserable.

Once you've got your head around what it is it's quite good

Then it does to unrealistic* shit then apparently season 4 brings it back round to being good again including some backtracking to make the previous seasons make more sense 

* unrealistic even in the context of the show 

Spoiler

Can't remember exactly what it is but I'm sure come season 3 her being forefront of everything grinded on me, there's a lot of stuff that just didn't work because it was so centered on her giving her a lot of power 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Designer1 said:

I might have to rewatch vinyl, can't work out if it was good or shit or if the name drops in it "there's this band in europe called ABBA..." made it seem better than it was 

I've also got the soundtrack on vinyl, theres a good royal blood exclusive on there

Everything said about quarry across the 3 posts is spot on, it was good enough to deserve a 2nd series 

On 31/03/2022 at 09:13, theboyangel said:

Finished Inventing Anna and thought it was a very decent limited series. 

brilliant story and Anna Delvey was well portrayed by Julia Garner (Ruth in Ozark) 

The episode in Marrakesh was particularly good. 

some great supporting characters too portraying the vacuous glitterati, although I found the main journalist over-acted too much and was therefore annoying and unlikeable.

Only 9 episodes and well worth checking out. 

It was decent but very slow with a lot of filler. Could have been done in 6 episodes

The story is interesting but the 2 main characters are quite unlikeable and annoying though think Anna was wrote that way

• Like 1

On 31/03/2022 at 11:43, NoelVilla said:

Yes the Scandinavian version I mean. I'ts been close to 10 years so details is forgotten. It's great.

It only ended four years ago :P 

was starting to feel old, still think its an underrated show. Not on here but a lot of friends havent seen it especially who are from Scandinavia

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It only ended four years ago :P 

was starting to feel old, still think its an underrated show. Not on here but a lot of friends havent seen it especially who are from Scandinavia

Well that is season 4. I started the rewatch with season 1 😝

Don't think I rewatch past season 2. Also know of people who haven't seen it because "Swedish shows always sucks".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

Well that is season 4. I started the rewatch with season 1 😝

Don't think I rewatch past season 2. Also know of people who haven't seen it because "Swedish shows always sucks".

I'm one of those :D 

Although I would not say they always suck but I do have a problem with the actors. Feels like there's only 10 or so actors and they are in everything. The talented ones are off to Hollywood so these shows kinda suffer for me.

There are some quality shows and actors thou of course. Might give s1 of Bron a go at some time.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sne said:

I'm one of those :D 

Although I would not say they always suck but I do have a problem with the actors. Feels like there's only 10 or so actors and they are in everything. The talented ones are off to Hollywood so these shows kinda suffer for me.

There are some quality shows and actors thou of course. Might give s1 of Bron a go at some time.

I have to admit that I am little bit like that too but not with the Bridge. Beck-movies got boring very fast and Wallander with Krister Henriksson was just awful. Probably have more examples. 

• Like 1

Â