Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

First 5 seasons are great watching.  The following 10... yeesh.

The later seasons have their moments with stuff like:

Balthazar

The real world episode 

Charlie

The musical episode 

Donna

And various other bits. However, there's an awful lot of bad stuff in there too. 

The latest spin off doesn't install confidence. 

Edited by Rds1983

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

Now you're just showing off. 

To be honest I haven't seen an episode of Peaky Blinders. Everything I know about it is from the odd clip or meme.

I'm just rehashing other peoples old stuff and adding a scissor player in the background but unlike Noel I do it for free.

Can't wait, I'd say this is right up there for my most anticipated shows, love it

Edit - as a side I bumped in to Michael Ward at standsted Airport, he was filming something for Netflix with Bill nighy about England winning the homeless football World Cup, what a sound nice guy he is 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 4

The guy that plays Arthur is the only one that pulls off a decent accent.

They have a few actual Brummies playing supporting roles and you can tell straight away as soon as they talk (well us people that are properly versed in the lingo anyway).

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

The guy that plays Arthur is the only one that pulls off a decent accent.

They have a few actual Brummie’s playing supporting roles and you can tell straight away as soon as they talk (well us people that are properly versed in the lingo anyway).

It is not an easy accent to perfect. A lot of people confuse it with the black country, accent and end up sounding like idiots. Incidentally, I'm trying to remember if Ray Winston attempted one in "Mcbeth On The Estate. ". I think he did if memory serves me right. 

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

It is not an easy accent to perfect. A lot of people confuse it with the black country, accent and end up sounding like idiots. Incidentally, I'm trying to remember if Ray Winston attempted one in "Mcbeth On The Estate. ". I think he did if memory serves me right. 

At least once a week with me.

"Where are you from?"

"Birmingham"

"Yow frum Birminghum!?"

"No, Birmingham. Not Wolverhampton"

"Is there a difference?"

*Knife crimes*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Finally got around to watch some old TV well finished Black Mirror maybe isnt that old but its a decent show but I think its really overhyped, some of the episodes are good and some are snoozefests

Also finished Seinfeld, it has probably aged a little in the 25 years since it came off the air but still has its moments. You can see it was an inspiration for other shows, a lot of episodes you think you have seen it before but then realise another show did a similar episode 10-15 years later 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Jeremy Kyle Death on Daytime on C4. Man they are ripping Kyle a new one in here. He will never be able to step out in public again. 

Always thought it was a despicable show, but looking back, what a arrogant word removed he really was.

I always thought that the show was dangerous and had a wider negative impact on society 

Thought that people could watch it and use it to justify their own lives in a "at least im not that" kind of way

On 12/03/2022 at 12:10, Seat68 said:

The number 1 reason I can't watch Peaky Blinders are the poor attempts at the accent. Years back I saw a clip and Dick Van Dykes cockney was straight out of Bow in comparison. 

It's hard for us locals to be sure, but I would urge you to perservere. Hit it's stride around the middle of series 2 and just gets better. I'm waiting till all eps drop before binging the last series, and cannot wait.

• Like 1

On 13/03/2022 at 08:25, Rds1983 said:

Loved the first season, but I find it stressful viewing for some reason. Struggling to get in the right mindset to continue. 

Which I should do cos I hear it's great, and I'd watch Karl Urban in pretty much anything.

Â