Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Just finished off Peacemaker. Very good show, lots of silly fun. Now half way through Mayor of Kingstown and enjoying this too. Jeremy Renner is rather good in it. Nice to see he can play it serious as well as the Marvel stuff.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

Just finished off Peacemaker. Very good show, lots of silly fun. Now half way through Mayor of Kingstown and enjoying this too. Jeremy Renner is rather good in it. Nice to see he can play it serious as well as the Marvel stuff.

He always has been a good serious actor. He is much more then just Marvel.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

Got 2 more episodes of peacemaker to finish, it's daft and just about works, I wouldn't say it's good but I'm still managing to enjoy it in a weird way

Started Reacher but the wife didn't like it, started season 2 of young wallander and I wasn't feeling it

Mayor of Kingstown is on the list to binge when it finishes (which I'm guessing it has by now?) might start it over the weekend 

Edit - if you like renner try a film called wind river, it's on Netflix, really underrated film that it feels like no one watched 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Designer1 said:

Is that the one with John Cena?

Yeah I looked but I couldn't see it anywhere...

Yes it's the John Cena character from The Suicide Squad. I think its only available for us UK folks by looking on the dark web :ph34r:

1 hour ago, stuart_75 said:

Yes it's the John Cena character from The Suicide Squad. I think its only available for us UK folks by looking on the dark web :ph34r:

Sorry, was my attempt at humour 😀

I'm sure you're aware of the 'can't see me' Cena meme.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, villarule123 said:

Anyone started Vikings Valhalla yet? 

Yep, just watched the first two eps. IMDB reviews full of outrage over the 'woke' black female Jarl Hakon. Personally, I wouldn't have gone with that casting, but it's not too much of a biggie for me. 

Pretty much similar feel to the previous series - broadly historical, with a few (OK, quite a few!) liberties for dramatic licence. 

Enjoying it so far. 

On 25/02/2022 at 08:14, villa4europe said:

Edit - if you like renner try a film called wind river, it's on Netflix, really underrated film that it feels like no one watched 

Yeah wind river is a really good film.  

Plus it's got 2 Avengers in it: Renner and Elizabeth Olsen.  

• Like 1

On 25/02/2022 at 21:56, mjmooney said:

Yep, just watched the first two eps. IMDB reviews full of outrage over the 'woke' black female Jarl Hakon. Personally, I wouldn't have gone with that casting, but it's not too much of a biggie for me. 

Pretty much similar feel to the previous series - broadly historical, with a few (OK, quite a few!) liberties for dramatic licence. 

Enjoying it so far. 

UPDATE: Four eps in, and liking it. Good battle for London Bridge, evoking the siege of Paris episode in s4. All hokum of course, but no matter. 

I think they're a bit harsh with the portrayal of Edmund, mind. 

Another thing worth mentioning is that during this period 'Vikings' was a misnomer - the Danes and Norwegians were very much different entities, and were at times actually fighting each other in England. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

On 25/02/2022 at 16:29, villarule123 said:

Anyone started Vikings Valhalla yet? 

Watched first three last night, I like it. 

Some good characters emerging early on. 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

UPDATE: Four eps in, and liking it. Good battle for London Bridge, evoking the siege of Paris episode in s4. All hokum of course, but no matter. 

I think they're a bit harsh with the portrayal of Edmund, mind. 

Another thing worth mentioning is that during this period 'Vikings' was a misnomer - the Danes and Norwegians were very much different entities, and were at times actually fighting each other in England. 

Really enjoying this too

Â