Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

14 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

In a moment of weakness and boredom, last night, I watched Danny Dyre on Who Do You Think You Are? I was thinking there might be some laughs in it, but it was genuinely brilliant. Check it out on iPlayer if you can. No, seriously!

I saw the last 10 minutes or so, the end bit where he got his kid to tell the cameraman to 'Get aaaaaat!' or something along those lines was pretty sweet.  I like the way it looks like he still lives in a bit of a shithole with a common as muck Essex girl.  It makes me wonder what percentage of the population can trace themselves back to royalty.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Just finished The Night Of. 

What a cracking bit of telly! Part cop drama, part prison drama and part courtroom drama. 

Utterly compelling with some great characters (particularly john tuturro) 

Only 8 episodes so easily achievable over a couple of nights! 

Yup!

The night of was probably THE big positive of this years telly newcomers.

Great show!

• Like 3

A few weeks ago I felt loss and sadness as I finished Boardwalk Empire. I am about to press play on the last episode of Sons of Anarchy.... The episode that's just finishing...... Dammmmmn...... 

I was late for work this morning because of Sons episodes last night. Gonna feel loss and trauma again in exactly 80 mins apparently.

5 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Agreed, Riz Ahmed is destined for big things I reckon.

Nightcrawler, Jason Bourne, The Night Of, the new Star Wars movie...

He's in everything as they say.

• Like 1

Watched the Danny dyer who do you think you are, the man is still a parody but I don't mind him, easily the best episode of that show I've ever seen

agree about Riz Ahmed, read a good interview with him in I the other week, I think he's got a massive rant about not getting a role because of his ethnicity in him which might get him in trouble stateside, looking at it he's got nothing in the pipeline for where he goes next

Gave the Danny Dyer thing ago just out of morbid curiosity. It's unintentionally hilarious and so unashamedly  contrived  .

The man deserves an Oscar purely for staying in character from the moment he was born . He plays Danny Dyer every minute of every hour regardless of if there is a camera on him or not .If he landed a part as a random storm trooper he'd still come bowling down the landing craft ramp like a berk, mouthing unintelligible rhyming slang 

Probably the greatest method actor of our generation. 

• Like 3

On 11/25/2016 at 23:06, sne said:

Yup!

The night of was probably THE big positive of this years telly newcomers.

Great show!

Just binged the whole season . And trust me ,it was worth every minute .Is there anyone more ubiquitous than Michael Kenneth Williams ? Great acting from the whole cast .

Thanks .

• Like 2

On 25/11/2016 at 21:45, Chindie said:

Technically most people will be related to some form of royalty. The old 'direct descendant of Charlemagne' thing.

Technically most people will be related to everyone . Imagine Danny Dyer "Tryin tuh get iz nut arahnd " being a distant cousin of Fred West . 

That would have a been a good show .

• Like 2

Is there not a separate Westworld thread?

What a great series... its starting to make sense now after a bit of confusion up to episode 6.

I'm guessing it hasn't got as big a following as Game of Thrones (as yet) just because its new.

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

By my count there have been four GoT actors in Black Mirror, and two of them are a couple of my favorite characters, the old master of Winterfell, and Bronn. 

In the UK, the actor who plays Bronn (Jerome Flynn) will be forever remembered as part of the God awful singing duo, Robson and Jerome. He is great in GoT, but once you've heard him singing Unchained Melody, you die a little inside, and can't ever look at him the same way again. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

In the UK, the actor who plays Bronn (Jerome Flynn) will be forever remembered as part of the God awful singing duo, Robson and Jerome. He is great in GoT, but once you've heard him singing Unchained Melody, you die a little inside, and can't ever look at him the same way again. 

Thanks for the warning.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

Planet Earth 2, if that does not win NTA's, EMMY's, Oscars and the Nobel Prize then there is not a god.

Utterly spellbinding 

It's pretty good but I can't help but feel that they could fit it in a half hour programme if they didn't use so much slow motion.

Â