Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I finished The Leftovers*.  It just didn't match up to what I was told it would.

* so technically there were no leftovers.  Haha, I'm here all week.  Try the veal. *tap tap* Is this thing on?

• Like 2

On 05/04/2016 at 20:22, AVFCDAN said:

Better call Saul was a masterpiece this week.

Huge fan so I am happy to see this but I won't start season 2 until they are all released . I can't wait a week for a TV show anymore !

2 minutes ago, Meath_Villan said:

Im new to netflix ....due to the internet been upgraded ....what`s good to look at ....currently watching the frankie boyle thing .....grotesquely brilliant 

There are currently 3 Hannibal Buress specials on there that I highly recommend . 

• Like 1

Even if they develop an all-encompassing generic "Are you using any VPN" type question for their software, I'm sure some clever clogs will find a way around that too.

Watched "Flaked" on Netflix a week or 2 ago as i was ill and had no other better options but actually loved it. First episode or 2 thought it was just easy watching, but things get interesting the more episodes you go down. Anyway i liked it.

I also checked out Bloodline, as was suggested on here, about 4/5 episodes in but not too bothered about watching another, cant really get into it, but will probably come back at some point.

2 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Huge fan so I am happy to see this but I won't start season 2 until they are all released . I can't wait a week for a TV show anymore !

I kind of get that but once you have binge watched the whole season you are then waiting 10 months for it to start again....

4 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

I kind of get that but once you have binge watched the whole season you are then waiting 10 months for it to start again....

Something else will fill that gap ... there is a massive list of stuff I haven't even started on that I know I would like . I'll probably watch Game of Thrones on a weekly basis now that I am all caught up, but that is because avoiding spoilers for that is impossible. 

10 hours ago, BOF said:

I finished The Leftovers*.  It just didn't match up to what I was told it would.

* so technically there were no leftovers.  Haha, I'm here all week.  Try the veal. *tap tap* Is this thing on?

one of the best things on TV IMO its obviously different but i enjoy it as much as GoT, peaky blinders etc

kevin is knocking off jennifer anniston too #pointlessfact

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

kevin is knocking off jennifer anniston too #pointlessfact

Aye, Justin Theroux, they've been together for quite a while now.

Another pointless fact for you, Justin Theroux is indeed Louis Theroux's cousin.

• Like 1

On 7 April 2016 at 12:02, BOF said:

Two episodes into Banshee and I hope I warm to some of the characters because currently I dislike them all.  The main protagonist is a dick.  The main villain is not well cast IMO.  He's like a bit-parter who has landed a prominent role.  Anyone I'll give it time because it has come recommended on several fronts, but sometimes I just get a feeling for things (which I try not to make self-fulfilling).  It's the same reason I wasn't bowled over by The Leftovers.  I didn't 'like' any of them.

It gets loads better. It's absolute class, I'm gutted the next series is the last. 

Hood will grow on you and Proctor is badass.

• Like 1

It gets loads better. It's absolute class, I'm gutted the next series is the last. 

Hood will grow on you and Proctor is badass.

Good-oh! I shall plough on.

On 10/03/2016 at 22:04, Chindie said:

House of Cards series 4 is definitely a return to form although does start to push at believability a little too hard. Finale does suggest the direction next series will be at one and the same time very interesting and also annoying taking the show in a direction that makes sense but also will be irritating, and probably to the detriment of the show as a whole.

Been busy so was late to the party. Just completed a huge binge-watch of the last 2 seasons. I'm surprised a lot of people say this. Personally I  think the first season ripped off the original UK version a little too much, Doug was just Doug, similar girl reporter character etc. Not that I didn't enjoy it, far from it, but I think the show has for the better really developed its own style since the first season. The serial format (as opposed to the original UK mini-series format) allows the writers to flesh out supporting characters to a much greater degree than was possible in the original British mini-series (where, really, Urquhart was the only interesting character, menacing as he was)

Â