Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I've got nothing against him as a person, seems like a real good guy actually. I'm just don't like the Screenwipe stuff because I feel as if the angry man having a rant routine is played out and boring. I think he's better when he's a guest on other people's shows and isn't following a script, just being himself.

...he's primarily a writer. If he follows a script it's because he's written it, so he is being himself.

Just because it's a script he's written himself doesn't mean that he's actually being himself,  to me his persona on Screenwipe is a put on even if it is a persona that is used as a vehicle for his own thoughts. Just saying I think he comes across better when I've seen him without a script.

I've got nothing against him as a person, seems like a real good guy actually. I'm just don't like the Screenwipe stuff because I feel as if the angry man having a rant routine is played out and boring. I think he's better when he's a guest on other people's shows and isn't following a script, just being himself.

...he's primarily a writer. If he follows a script it's because he's written it, so he is being himself.

Just because it's a script he's written himself doesn't mean that he's actually being himself,  to me his persona on Screenwipe is a put on even if it is a persona that is used as a vehicle for his own thoughts. Just saying I think he comes across better when I've seen him without a script.

I kind of see what you're saying. He certainly plays the "cynical, moans about everything" character very well though (even better than our own CED ;)). I doubt he's like that in real life though, as you'd have to be at least a little bit happy if you were married to Konnie Huq!   

• Like 2

Esio Trot was fun (the book was always a favourite with my kids). Didn't need Corden narrating, though, a simple voiceover would have been better.

If you want someone simple to do a voiceover, then James Corden would be ideal if you ask me
Jokes aside, that's kind of what I meant. I'd have been happy with Corden doing the voiceover, instead on onscreen, walking around London doing the same thing.

Esio Trot was fun (the book was always a favourite with my kids). Didn't need Corden narrating, though, a simple voiceover would have been better.

I mentioned it to a couple of my younger family members on christmas day, pained me that they'd never heard of esio trot, was always my favourite RD book (subject to change)

to me theres only georges marvelous medicine left to make, i know they are remaking BFG, i think boy and going solo would make for decent TV too especially some of the pilot stuff in going solo

• Like 1

I mentioned it to a couple of my younger family members on christmas day, pained me that they'd never heard of esio trot, was always my favourite RD book (subject to change)

to me theres only georges marvelous medicine left to make, i know they are remaking BFG, i think boy and going solo would make for decent TV too especially some of the pilot stuff in going solo

I would normally bitch about the Americanization (sic) of British books for the screen, but in the case of the Roald Dahl canon, they've pretty much all been excellent. Matilda in particular was brilliant with DeVito and his missus.

Well, finished The Wire. Ended the way I thought it would but with a few surprises I wasn't expecting.

The last episode should have been stretched to three episodes I think instead of the one and a half hours, it would have allowed the glimpses in the closing montage to hit home more i.e Bubbles, Duquan, Levy/Ronnie stuff.

All in all though, wow, what a show. Best show ive ever seen that didn't have David Duchovny in it. It holds up today and is still as relevant as it was. Likely we will never see something that 'real' again.

Oh indeed :)

• Like 2

Well, finished The Wire. Ended the way I thought it would but with a few surprises I wasn't expecting.

The last episode should have been stretched to three episodes I think instead of the one and a half hours, it would have allowed the glimpses in the closing montage to hit home more i.e Bubbles, Duquan, Levy/Ronnie stuff.

All in all though, wow, what a show. Best show ive ever seen that didn't have David Duchovny in it. It holds up today and is still as relevant as it was. Likely we will never see something that 'real' again.

Oh indeed :)

Red Shoe Diaries is your favourite programme of all time?

• Like 4

Â