Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Do you listen to Nerdist podcasts? Rhys Darby was on not so long ago. They're really great and hosted by Chris Hardwick of The Talking Dead and Talking Bad fame if you've ever watched the post Walking Dead and Breaking Bad shows, though they don't show them over here so it's probably unlikely unless you download them.

Anyway, it's not the same interview obviously but it's a good listen. There's tons of cool guests they have on there. Tom Hanks does a couple and they're really good.

Here it is. Enjoy.

• Like 2

Watched the series 2 finale of Ray Donovan last night. Bloody brilliant.

It's slowly turning into a properly brilliant show, if it caries on like this for another couple of series, it will be up there with the best of them.

• Like 1

Just watched the first episode of Peaky Blinders. I enjoyed it, but the Small Heath thing and the Blues scene in the pub was annoying. Also, I don't see how having a 1950's electric Chicago blues soundtrack in a 1914 based TV drama makes any sense whatsoever. Other than that, and Sam Neill's dodgy Ulster accent, the show looks good.

Just watched the first episode of Peaky Blinders. I enjoyed it, but the Small Heath thing and the Blues scene in the pub was annoying. Also, I don't see how having a 1950's electric Chicago blues soundtrack in a 1914 based TV drama makes any sense whatsoever. Other than that, and Sam Neill's dodgy Ulster accent, the show looks good.

You should stick with it.

I ditched it halfway through due to circumstance but got back in to it and watched the rest of the first series a couple of weeks ago. Ignoring the accent issues (which are myriad): it's a well written, well acted, well shot drama.

Second series began tonight over here.

Edited by snowychap

Anyone see the latest Derren Brown stand up thing? Think it was called Infamous.... 

WTF! How, just how?

Am I just really naive and when it states that none of the people on stage are stooges, it's just lying?

I mean, I've been to see him live before and it really did feel like pot luck if you'd get called on stage or not, it's decided by throwing a frisbee into the crowd.

The Clairvoyance thing he did, my brain just cannot compute it other than the whole thing being really really fake. 

He's highly intelligent, super-intuitive and just knows and reads people on a much deeper level than most of us can comprehend. I'm pretty sure he's legit, I think he's brilliant.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

I remember seeing someone live doing similar things to the Darren Brown show (the fake homeopathy, the fake psychic readings, drawing objects people are thinking about -etc)(sorry donnie).

It was around 15-20 years ago and cannot for the life of me remember if it was him before he was famous or not. I don't think it was tbh.

The people picked to do some of the readings were people I knew and so I'm convinced it's possible for a skilled person to do what Derren Brown does without stooges.

Â