Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Anyone else been watching Uncle? It's alright.

I saw the trailers and thought 'another pile of bollox from BBC3'. Then I happened to catch the (I think) second episode and was pleasantly surprised. It's not 'Laugh out loud' funny but it certainly has a lot of charm and warmth and that goes a long way sometimes.

Yeah that was my reaction to the trailers too. Might give it a watch if I see it on if it aint as bad as it looked.

I really didn't like Parks and Recreation to begin with. Then it grew on me a little bit. Then it got really annoying again. I know most people like him, but I **** hate "Ron Swanson's" character. Everything he is I hate. 

Anyone else been watching Uncle? It's alright.

I saw the trailers and thought 'another pile of bollox from BBC3'. Then I happened to catch the (I think) second episode and was pleasantly surprised. It's not 'Laugh out loud' funny but it certainly has a lot of charm and warmth and that goes a long way sometimes.

Exactly so! The titular Uncle is a very relatable, ordinary, not-really-cool-but-tries-his-best kind of chap. It's very clearly aimed at that very typical late 20s/early 30s sort of male, and yeah, like I say it's alright.

Yup True Detective is just awesome. Best thing on TV at the minute by a million miles, and I include GOT in that.

My god I was pissed off last week when I found out I'd have to wait another week for an episode but that was worth the wait I thought. Some people don't seem to like the change but i thought it was so tense and brilliant.

Nothing exciting just spoiler tagged it because you can make certain deduction from what I'd written

The True Detective writer had said that episodes four,five and six were going to be a change of pace It threw me of guard but it's all from the perspective of the re-tellings so you never know to trust it, epscially now we know more about them. It was still well done though Cohle was like the Terminator.

Edited by useless

Last night I couldn't decide whether to stick on that show Benefits St everyone is talking about, or watch the Walking Dead on FX

I like the idea of watching disgusting creatures fighting to survive in a world with no hope, but the Walking Dead is quite good too so I went with that.

Also tweeted - sorry I just like the joke too much

Edited by ED

Just watched the first part of the new magic show, Troy. Stooges is all I have to say about this show. Obviously I don't believe in magic, but in the case of this show I don't believe in the people he's doing the tricks to. 

Edited by dAVe80

Just watched the first part of the new magic show, Troy. Stooges is all I have to say about this show. Obviously I don't believe in magic, but in the case of this show I don't believe in the people he's doing the tricks to.

I could tell that from the adverts. Tweeted as much too.

Didn't watch the show, but the reactions in the adverts seemed acted. And badly acted at that. What's the point?

Danny Baker's Rockin' Decades thing has annoyed me. Mainly because he referred to Sabbath as being from The Black Country and West Bromwich (if you're not even gonna get the basics right), and also because Peter Hook is on, and he's an absolute clearing in the woods. Disappointing night of TV all round.  

Magic shows are uniformly shit.

Glossing over the all too easy joke about you hating everything that's ever existed,

I think a lot of magic shows are shit. But good ones, such as David Blaine's latest (or his early stuff but not the guff in between) are really good.

That Troy one does look like utter bollocks though.

Â