Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

I'd be surprised if Flamini came to us.....

Arsenal - AC Milan - Aston Villa

Doesn't quite look right does it

Yes, signing players from AC Milan is unheard of for a team like Aston Villa....

Indeed.

pic297.jpg

Apart from Martin Laursen

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now we need a portfolio of previous players from any given club in order for future purchases to be feasible/realistic? So the fact AC Milan were/are also allegedly whoring Huntelaar to us is total balls aswell? These clubs have players they don't want. It doesn't mean they're no good. It just means they need cashflow for players that ARE in their plans. I don't know if Flamini is wanted or unwanted at AC or at Villa. I just think the absence of an AC Milan loyalty card in Villa's transfer drawer isn't the making or breaking of any deal.

So now we need a portfolio of previous players from any given club in order for future purchases to be feasible/realistic? So the fact AC Milan were/are also allegedly whoring Huntelaar to us is total balls aswell? These clubs have players they don't want. It doesn't mean they're no good. It just means they need cashflow for players that ARE in their plans. I don't know if Flamini is wanted or unwanted at AC or at Villa. I just think the absence of an AC Milan loyalty card in Villa's transfer drawer isn't the making or breaking of any deal.

:lol:

Made me chuckle.

I just hope Martin has cut up his old Celtic store card :D

Off topic - How funny is Laursen's hair!!

On topic - a 5 man midfield with two defensive anchors seems to be the formation de jour so Flamini and Petrov would look very tidy in that.

I like the this idea of Petrov and Flamini. Petrov is a good ball player whilst Flamini is full of energy and can pass the ball much better than NRC. Please be true as I'm bored of listening to other teams transfer news.

I watched Ireland vs Bulgaria last year and petrov absolutely dominated that game. best player on the pitch by a mile and ran the show. He was outstanding.

Wish he played like that for us more often!

I don't think Petrov is that good of a ball player, he's comfortable on the ball but he's not creative or rarely if ever dominates a game with his passing.

Rarely gives the ball away either. He is superb at getting his body in between the ball and the opposition. That and creating a yard of space for himself, he is underrated by Villa fans as he has a calming influence on the game. His legs aren't quite up to the top level but he still has an important role to play at our club.

He just needs someone to take some of the pressure off him.

I don't think Petrov is that good of a ball player, he's comfortable on the ball but he's not creative or rarely if ever dominates a game with his passing.

Rarely gives the ball away either. He is superb at getting his body in between the ball and the opposition. That and creating a yard of space for himself, he is underrated by Villa fans as he has a calming influence on the game. His legs aren't quite up to the top level but he still has an important role to play at our club.

He just needs someone to take some of the pressure off him.

Didn't say he wasn't any of that. Just, if you have someone like Flamini, then it seemed Knoppy described Petrov as basically the ball player but I don't think he is that, he don't lose the ball and keeps it well but isn't creative and nor smashing balls around the ground for us like a say Huddlestone. Although perhaps if we given more freedom rather than a completly restricted DM role, he might be able too have more of an influence.

"adequately" bugger off he has been brilliant for us over the last 2 years!

Messi, Xavi, Sneijder, Lamps, Fabregas, etc. are brilliant, Petrov is a decent performer, but never brilliant.

"adequately" bugger off he has been brilliant for us over the last 2 years!

Messi, Xavi, Sneijder, Lamps, Fabregas, etc. are brilliant, Petrov is a decent performer, but never brilliant.

Brilliant for us.

Massive difference, if you are only going to compare our players to the worlds best then you will be disappointed.

I am disappointed. But i'd like to think that the likes of Milner, Young and even Gabby can become brilliant players (and not just brilliant for us).