Jez

I'm surprised at the gushing over the Ozil deal. Very good player, destroyed England at the last world cup but either:

a) Arsenal wanted him all along but Real were unwilling to do business until  the Bale deal was complete before agreeing to sell him. 

B) Arsenal have panicked and broken their transfer record (by £27.5m) on deadline day on a little playmaker (the one position they didn't need) for a huge fee given Real were presumably keen to sell after shelling out for Bale. 

Plus is his attitude a bit of an issue? He always looks in a mood.

He doesn't have an attitude issue and he's one of the best playmakers on the planet. Real manager was asked who he wants to keep out of di Maria and Ozil (to fund Bale). He picked di Maria so Ozil on his way. Real's loss is Arsenal's gain.

apparently Ronaldo has thrown his weight around and asked for Di Maria to stay

Big shout out to Lukaku, who told Benteke he should leave villa for a big club last season. Hahaahaha looks like your big club don't give a **** about you.

I don't understand Chelsea's decision to let him leave. This leaves them with Eto'o & Torres as their only out and out strikers, with the option of playing someone like Schurrle upfront if needed.

Big shout out to Lukaku, who told Benteke he should leave villa for a big club last season. Hahaahaha looks like your big club don't give a **** about you.

I don't understand Chelsea's decision to let him leave. This leaves them with Eto'o & Torres as their only out and out strikers, with the option of playing someone like Schurrle upfront if needed.

Haven't they still got Ba as well? 

Haven't they still got Ba as well? 

Oh yes, good point. Not that Mourinho particularly fancies him though.

I don't think you should have to pay for a loan. Just pay his wages. The parent club benefit from saving on wages and getting a player developed or at the very least staying match fit. Some of these loan fees are more than most transfer fees and it's not a trend that I like. Frankly I'm ag'in it.

Can't wait to see Ozil, assist machine!

I'm the same. I think Ozil is a wonderful player, by selling Bale Spurs have significantly strengthened Arsenal.

• Like 1

I'm the same. I think Ozil is a wonderful player, by selling Bale Spurs have significantly strengthened Arsenal.

That's an interesting way to put it!

Edited by legov

Gervinho from Arsenal to Roma released Lamela to Spurs who released Bale to Madrid who released Özil back round to Arsenal :P

I'm not sure Bale is worth twice as much as Ozil. Same age, admittedly different players, but would you really get rid of Ozil to bring in Bale?

One was a willing seller and one wasn't. Plus they play different positions so it depends what the needs of the team are. Comparing transfer fees is a largely pointless exercise because of the myriad of variables involved.