Jez

Everton have done remarkably well to net £11m profit from this transfer window when they have got in Kone, Alcaraz, Barry, MccArthy, Lukaku, Deulofeu

Not all permanently.

Yup. They'll have a good team this year by virtue of landing Lukaku on loan, but beyond that I think MccArthy is their only enviable signing. 

Sagna, Gibbs and Monreal are not 'crap' by any stretch of the imagination.

Next time Sagna gets picked watch him closely. He has become a liability. And Monreal and Gibbs are fighting for the same leftback spot.

Everton have done remarkably well to net £11m profit from this transfer window when they have got in Kone, Alcaraz, Barry, MccArthy, Lukaku, Deulofeu

Not all permanently.

Yup. They'll have a good team this year by virtue of landing Lukaku on loan, but beyond that I think MccArthy is their only enviable signing. 

They'll be absolutely fine but the profit is a total red herring. They sold a key player and to replace him and improve their team with permanent signings they'd have made no profit at all. Not that profit is the point of football, obviously.

Sagna hasn't been the same since his broken leg to be fair. Before that he was a very good defender.

Oh I don't doubt there are extenuating circumstances. But that doesn't change what he is right now (and I'm not suggesting that you were trying to do that either).

they are certainly arsenal's weaknesses though, much like clichy is crap in the context of playing for man city

Are we talking about the same players who were apart of the second best defence in the league last season? Arsenal were very suspect defensively before and that was well highlighted but since Bould has become their assistant-manager there has been a notable improvement (which shows the importance of a defensive coach) which hasn't been as well highlighted it would seem. In fact, Arsenal's main weakness these days lies at the other end of the pitch. Not signing a top-class striker should come back to haunt them.

Edited by Isa

Giroud still isn't (and probably will never be) a top-class striker. Though he seems more clinical so far this term, he hasn't shown anything from the rest of his game to prove otherwise. Poor build-up play and cannot impose himself on games. Our game with Arsenal being the perfect example of this. Scored early on but did nothing for the rest of the game pretty-much.

You are correct though, squad-depth is a big issue for them and when you compare their squad to their rivals it is severely lacking. It will be vitally important for them to keep their key players fit and in-form. They won't have the luxury to rotate very often.

As for the keeper situation, I actually think Szczesny is a good keeper but just needs to cut out the clangers. Viviano should provide the sort of genuine competition that the likes of Fabianski and Mannone couldn't.

That £15million Liverpool got for Carroll is beginning to look shrewd, yet to kick a ball this season and returned to training yesterday only to break down with the same ankle injury. Dean Ashton comes to mind.