Jez

I was frickin right :D Loan window opens next week and stays open 'til November. So it is closed for a week (for some reason). Maybe FA/PL admins get a week's holiday :)

Is Fellaini going through then?

I was frickin right :D Loan window opens next week and stays open 'til November. So it is closed for a week (for some reason). Maybe FA/PL admins get a week's holiday :)

Not for Prem teams I think - only for the Championship and below.

Lukaku has confirmed he's gone to Everton.

That makes them decent.

Not for Prem teams I think - only for the Championship and below.

Yeah it was a Championship chat.

Fellaini out, replaced with McCarthy, Barry and Lukaku seems decent, but not exactly long-term thinking at Everton.

He's a new manager there so it might be sensible just to stabilise the ship in the short term with a view to learning the ropes properly and going at it next summer with a better idea of what is needed.

Fellaini out, replaced with McCarthy, Barry and Lukaku seems decent, but not exactly long-term thinking at Everton.

He's a new manager there so it might be sensible just to stabilise the ship in the short term with a view to learning the ropes properly and going at it next summer with a better idea of what is needed.

Yeah perhaps you're right BOF. No arguing with the quality they've added, just think it will be tough to replace on a permanent basis next year.

Kept hold of Baines too, which has surprised me too.

Who is going to provide service to Lukaku? Spending £13M for McCarthy? Bringing Barry into Martinez's system?

I may end up being dead wrong, but I don't get what Everton is doing today and I don't think it helps them.

As I note earlier, TEN Premier League clubs have broken their transfer record.

Arsenal

Cardiff (thrice)

Crystal Palace

Hull

Norwich

Southampton (twice)

Swansea

Tottenham (thrice)

WBA

WHU

Who is going to provide service to Lukaku?

Baines and Coleman bombing down the wings.

Pienaar, Deufurlulelufelu and Mirelles giving them pace and tricks and clever through balls.

I don't think Everton have done badly at all here.

I think Gaz Baz going to Everton is a good bit of business for Martinez. Ok Barry has lost a bit of his legendary pace (!) but he still has guile and passing. He was one of City's best players the back end of last season, and its a mystery why he isn't in the Engladn squad ahead of say Tom Cleverley who is a crock of shite.Probably take over the Phil Neville role at Everton. Doesn't mean I wanted him back at Villa, but I think its a good fit between player, coach, and club.