Jez

It is odd that Barcelona are spending 32m when they've been openly trying to raise the funds to buy Fabregas.

I have heard that Man City offered 55m for David Villa.. so it isn't out of the question that Sanchez is to replace Villa, who'll move to Man City for 55, and they'll use that money to buy Fabregas. Meaning they've effectively paid 32m for Fabregas (assuming they value Sanchez similarly to Villa).

Villa might not want to move away from Spain, but I one meeting with the Man City people will convince him that 'Man City are the right club for me and I'm delighted to be a part of this teams bright and ambitious future'...

Either way, it'll be another summer of Man City truely screwing up football.

they are offering Villa to clubs at the moment. Looked good on paper but he was a bit of a flop by his standards.

Sanchez looks all style no substance if World Cup and few other Chile games i saw are anything to go by

I'm a bit on the fence with Sanchez too.

Of all the Chileans at the World cup, Arturo Vidal was the one who impressed me the most, looked great in the Bundesliga games I saw last season too.

Would love him at Villa in our midfield.

Saw every Chile game in qualifying and in the World Cup.

Sanchez is excellent, carries Chile in a lot of the games and as well as going forward he can track back and support his fullback. Best asset is probably his dribbling imo, and he's not a bad finisher either. Wouldn't say he's the best crosser from what I've seen but that won't be needed much at Barca.

Vidal is certainly the other quality player.

Beausejour certainly fooled McLeish :lol: Works hard and has his moments but a very average player as we've seen at his time at SHA.

Would be quite surprised of Villa leaves Barca but we'll see. Villa was played out of position from the start yet took it in his stride, so his "average" goal return by his standards is explainable.

I couldn't see Sanchez contributing more than him especially not in the goals department.

illa was played out of position from the start yet took it in his stride,

The main trouble here is that he isn't likely to return to his main position. Barcelona play in a way which has 2 wide men dragging defenders out and creating that little bit of a space for Messi in the middle. Is David Villa the man to do that? Probably not, so if you can replace him with someone who is naturally good out wide, and in turn strengthen your midfield with Fabregas, then it's good business, regardless of how good Villa is as a striker.

Claude Puel is sacked (Lyon) ... can't say i'm shocked, he was told he had to win something in order for him to keep his job at the start of the season.

No shock there. Lyon could come back strongly next season, Lille look like loosing most of their key players and OM are loosing quite a few as well. Not sure who else will be able to compete.

Would be quite surprised of Villa leaves Barca but we'll see. Villa was played out of position from the start yet took it in his stride, so his "average" goal return by his standards is explainable.

I couldn't see Sanchez contributing more than him especially not in the goals department.

How was he played out of position at Barca? He didnt play through the middle all that often, but then he has made a career from cutting in from wide positions to score.

Villa has a great season at Barcelona. 23 goals in 50 games is a decent return. As has been said before, it is very difficult to shine in a team which contains Messi, Iniesta & Xavi (1st, 2nd & 3rd in the Ballon d'Or) but Villa has scored a lot of goals and he has scored very important goals this season. His strike in the Champions League final showed his class and the brace against Real Madrid will be remembered for a long time. He is a hero in Spain for his exploits with the national team too. 47 goals in 75 games at international level is one of the reasons why Spain have won so much in the last few years.

The one thing Villa has got working against him is his age. He is 29, and while he probably has three or four more very good seasons in him this is probably the last year where he would command a large transfer fee. If Barcelona need to sell then he is one of the obvious players to get rid of because the rest of the Barca squad is full of players who arent worth very much at all or players they would never dream of selling.

I think about 18 months ago I said I didn't rate Bojan that highly and I got slaughtered on here by some people. Still a long time in his career to develop mind but honestly, never did understand the hype, maybe he will do better playing regular football as a striker which couldn't happen at Barca this season.

I think about 18 months ago I said I didn't rate Bojan that highly and I got slaughtered on here by some people. Still a long time in his career to develop mind but honestly, never did understand the hype, maybe he will do better playing regular football as a striker which couldn't happen at Barca this season.

I agree POB...I think he is overrated, Salifou would look good in that Barca team. He will get torn a new areshole in Italy.

How was he played out of position at Barca? He didnt play through the middle all that often, but then he has made a career from cutting in from wide positions to score.

Villa is excellent because he can play the link role as well as the main striker role. But he was always the main striker and he was the one supported by widemen in the past. He would score more goals as the main striker but maybe the team would suffer overall.