Jez

We were linked to those two under Houllier I think?

Holliet is a great pick up for QPR, easily their best signing of the summer, they'll be comfortably mid table.

I'd be in for Rondon from Malaga like a shot, magnificent young striker, can see him doing really well in the prem.

We should have moved heaven and earth to sign him especially since he has moved to a team like QPR.

Bitterly disappointed!

What's with Liverpool trying to sign Joe Allen? Thought they weren't allowed to sign any Swansea players?

Why wouldnt they be allowed to sign any Swansea players?

I can't believe we haven't made a move for hoillet.

I think Heskey would be a great signing for a championship club. Look at the impact Jason Roberts had last season. I think Heskey would bully defenders and probably score a few in the championship.

I've hated having him here but he seems a nice guy so I hope he finishes his career on a high.

To be honest, I think there were many better teams than QPR who were in for him.

QPR probably just offered the most £££ to him.

There's no evidence to support this, other than the fact he's far too promising to only have QPR in for him.

What's with Liverpool trying to sign Joe Allen? Thought they weren't allowed to sign any Swansea players?

I was under the impression that after Liverpool poached Rodgers from Swansea, they were contractually prevented from signing any Swansea players for a certain amount of time. Also IIRC, they found a loophole if you will, when they were after Sigurdsson, for he wasn't technically a Swansea player at the time.

There's always ways around it. They can pay off Allen's contract and throw some money to Swansea to release him, then pick him up as a free agent. What this prevents is them forcing Swansea's hand by turning a players head.

Sigurrdson was never a Swansea player so no problem signing him, but yes, there were stories of it being in the Rogers contract that they wouldn't sign any Swansea players til at least after 2012-13 season.

I was under the impression that after Liverpool poached Rodgers from Swansea, they were contractually prevented from signing any Swansea players for a certain amount of time.

I don't see how it would benefit Swansea to not be allowed to accept the rumoured £15m bid for Joe Allen.

I was under the impression that after Liverpool poached Rodgers from Swansea, they were contractually prevented from signing any Swansea players for a certain amount of time. Also IIRC, they found a loophole if you will, when they were after Sigurdsson, for he wasn't technically a Swansea player at the time.

I'd like to see that tested in court. I know you hear sometimes a manager will agree that he wont go in for a player from a previous club as a gesture of goodwill (though I've never actually seen any evidence beyond media speculation) but I cant see how Swansea can restrict Liverpool's right to free trade, or why they would need such a clause in a contract in the first place as there is nothing stopping them from rejecting every bid Liverpool make for a player.

As for Hoilett i dont really buy the hype around him, he looked good in a terrible team but was not worth the 50 or 60k a week he was demanding.

rather him at QPR than Villa