Jez

This just in. Man Utd get work permit for foreigner who hasn't played 75% of his country's internationals in the past 2 years without having to appeal it :lol: Who'd a thunk it.

Yeah that makes me feel much better Chindie :lol:

Sorry, I really rate the hell out of him though. If that worries you, don't watch

He really is a good striker. The big question mark is how he'll take to a better level of defender here, but I'm fairly sure he'll be fine, sadly. He could be quicker and while he has ability, he's not the sort to skill up a defence, he'll beat them with a good touch and strength more often than a bit of genuine trickery.

If they do sign him, it'll be done sharpish as well, he has a clause on his contract that allows him to leave for 40m Euros that ends on Monday apparently.

...Go to Milan you bastard!

“I am determined to use my height and size as a strong advantage for the club.”

“I can’t really see my height causing a problem to other players,” he admitted.”

I like him already.

Well I'll be honest with you AG. I didn't shed a tear when I heard we were 'falling behind' in the race to sign him. I just wouldn't want him to be taking up a precious slot as one of our summer signings.

I suppose with us, he's free, Yakubu looks to be on the way out, and Moyesy's top target is another "top" striker (as well as Beckford) it doesn't concern me as much because I'm sure if he knows what he is coming in for (I'm guessing cup/bench player) and if he does kick up a fuss or it doesn't work out, I don't see it being too difficult to offload him to the likes of Newcastle, etc., even if only on loan first.

Dzeko was brilliant the season before last but seemed to have gone off the boil lately with Wolfsburg stagnating. Looked pretty average in their two games against Fulham.

Another forward for City to try to fit in somewhere.

Did Notts County not pay a million for him?

Don't know, all I know is Leeds got him on a free transfer

NC did pay for him and put him on too much money, kaspar offered to tear his contract up and waiver a fee, county said yes please

"Sky Sports News understands Manchester City are in talks with Real Madrid over the possible signings of Fernando Gago and Gonzalo Higuain."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6175801,00.html

Deary me.

Higuain wont happen as he is their best striker at Madrid even if Perez doesnt rate him and prefers Benzema. Unless jose doesnt fancy him either.

As for Gago I hope it happens. A totally overrated and useless player that Real Madrid fans dont even like. No pace, no vision, no tackling and just stands there. Argentinian Michael Carrick

As for Gago I hope it happens. A totally overrated and useless player that Real Madrid fans dont even like.

Funny, this is exactly what I thought when I saw the link too. Go on buy him Citeh, you know you want to :D

apaprently we begged zigic not to sign for blose

that is absolutely laughable, if we wanated him we would have got him.

its ok he turned down City as well. haha priceless

Good move for both player and club imo

Good move for the player. Absolutely crap move for the club. Unless he has come on in leaps and bounds since his Citeh days (which I admit is possible) then he is a complete liability at any decent level (i.e. not league 2).

I've played football and built lego spaceships with Kasper Schmeichel. I was better than him at one of these things. 8)

Unfortunately, I did also try and convince him that Neville Southall was a better keeper than his Dad before he told me who he/his Dad actually was. In hindsight... he was right.

Man City have been linked with Higuain. Why would he go there?

Because Real Madrid have spent the best part of a 18 months trying to get him out of the club and he is earning a quarter of the amount of money that the player who he is keeping out of the side is earning.

Robinho all over again, albeit with a better player involved.