Jez

There seems to be a lot of negativity towards Hulls purchasing here, but Long and Jelavic were good buys. Livermore played well last season, for the most part, and Snodgrass is a very good player when fit. I personally think they're good buys. I guess we'll see. £30m isn't actually that expensive for 4 first team choices any more. 

There seems to be a lot of negativity towards Hulls purchasing here, but Long and Jelavic were good buys. Livermore played well last season, for the most part, and Snodgrass is a very good player when fit. I personally think they're good buys. I guess we'll see. £30m isn't actually that expensive for 4 first team choices any more. 

All of them will be on £40k plus too.

They are average players but they are poor buys.

Typical, lazy, unimaginative purchases, they will be lucky if they make their money back on the contracts alone.

Typical Bruce, O'Neill, Fat Sam style management.

Forget giving British managers more chances, they should be banned

All of them will be on £40k plus too.

They are average players but they are poor buys.

Typical, lazy, unimaginative purchases, they will be lucky if they make their money back on the contracts alone.

Typical Bruce, O'Neill, Fat Sam style management.

Forget giving British managers more chances, they should be banned

It would be a lot easier to take your evaluations seriously if there was ever any evidence of anything in the world that you don't immediately hate. 

• Like 2

Good purchases as they all have premiership experience, but I think a bit overpriced.

The new TV deal has inflated transfer fees and salaries. You can't expect £30-40m extra television money for each club every year not to have an impact on the transfer market. 

Bilbao are confirming that Herrera paid the buyout fee on his contract which is €36m (£28.5m) so who knows what money United have actually shelled out for him.  As I understand it, it's only the individual who can buy out a contract under Spanish law so Herrera would have to do that by himself.  If he suddenly came into €36m then the Spanish government are going to see that as either income or a windfall and tax accordingly. Presumably United would have to eat the tax bill too? 

They are very much Aston Villa 2007-2010 type purchases.

Yeah agreed. NRC for £8m, Harewood for £4m,. Curtis Davies for £9m (or whatever it was), Sidwell for £5.5m, Cuellar for £7-8m, Heskey for £3.5m, that's a lot of money for a lot of absolute shite right there. 

Over inflated fees you say - simple just don't pay transfer fees.  The Aston Villa way.

Hull will be stronger than us imo.  I think Long and Jelavic can scored 20 goals between them easily.