The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

Watching it now on German TV, not sure what their MOTD is called but it starts at 6.30pm so they've shown loads of games already before getting round to bayern, everyone gets more or less the same coverage and the order is a bit random

5 mins build up with footage from this game in the 80s and background to why it's so big, show the highlights, show the interviews from the managers or players and then move on to the next game, there's a presenter but no analysis

Its a miles better format than MOTD

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Watching it now on German TV, not sure what their MOTD is called but it starts at 6.30pm so they've shown loads of games already before getting round to bayern, everyone gets more or less the same coverage and the order is a bit random

5 mins build up with footage from this game in the 80s and background to why it's so big, show the highlights, show the interviews from the managers or players and then move on to the next game, there's a presenter but no analysis

Its a miles better format than MOTD

Liked to watch that show when I had access to German TV before. Much better than anything they do here too.

1 minute ago, NoelVilla said:

Liked to watch that show when I had access to German TV before. Much better than anything they do here too.

Its a football show designed to show football, no opinion no bias no ex pro being paid hundreds of thousands a year to talk me through a goal like it's my first time watching football

Its great

• Like 1

Would also say based on the huge amount of canvasing that I've done (watched football with the father in law and his mates...) the tide has turned and people have had enough of bayern, whereas before they seemed fairly apathetic towards them they were pissed off with bayern players during the WC and are now celebrating losses

I miss German telly.  Though I miss Dutch telly even more.  Last time we were over in Eindhoven, had some show on for background noise whilst chilling at the AirBNB; I have no idea of the possible context for what we were watching, but the events that transpired on-screen were the police raiding this partially-clothed old fella's house, and when they poured in through his front door, he threw a glass of what appeared to be jam onto the floor from a nearby shelf and proceeded to start trying to kick the shattered glass pieces and it's gelatinous contents past the cops and through his own doorframe.  He was literally kicking out the jam.  It was probably the most fascinating televised event I've ever witnessed, possibly enhanced by me being two hours into a space cookie at the time.

I digress. Union winning the title would be the biggest Bundesliga event since that Kaiserslautern run.  Hope they do it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GarethRDR said:

I miss German telly.  Though I miss Dutch telly even more.  Last time we were over in Eindhoven, had some show on for background noise whilst chilling at the AirBNB; I have no idea of the possible context for what we were watching, but the events that transpired on-screen were the police raiding this partially-clothed old fella's house, and when they poured in through his front door, he threw a glass of what appeared to be jam onto the floor from a nearby shelf and proceeded to start trying to kick the shattered glass pieces and it's gelatinous contents past the cops and through his own doorframe.  He was literally kicking out the jam.  It was probably the most fascinating televised event I've ever witnessed, possibly enhanced by me being two hours into a space cookie at the time.

TV wasnt even switched on, you were just off your tits

On 18/02/2023 at 18:45, GarethRDR said:

I digress. Union winning the title would be the biggest Bundesliga event since that Kaiserslautern run.  Hope they do it.

You might be familiar with this then. When I was over there, and in a similar..ahem...spacey condition, I got obsessed with this fellow. Freakiest s**t ever, but fascinating. To get the full effect you need to turn off the subtitles and let the german wash over you. 

Bernd das Brot

• Thanks 1

On 18/02/2023 at 19:37, villa4europe said:

Its a football show designed to show football, no opinion no bias no ex pro being paid hundreds of thousands a year to talk me through a goal like it's my first time watching football

Its great

I'd be lost with Alan Shearer's valuable insights.

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

I'd be lost with Alan Shearer's valuable insights.

Saw my mate at the weekend repost something on Facebook by Shearer on the Everton goal

"he's hit that like he meant it" I **** hate that saying, what else could he be trying to do there Alan?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Saw my mate at the weekend repost something on Facebook by Shearer on the Everton goal

"he's hit that like he meant it" I **** hate that saying, what else could he be trying to do there Alan?

Used to like this account when it was active.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

strange timing unless something dodgy has gone on

Very strange, they are only 1 point behind Dortmund who they play next, and just knocked PSG out of CL. Could be something dodgy, Spurs forum is all over it though.

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

They reckon they can get Nagalsmann?

They reckon it will be Naglesmann or Poch. Pretty sure if Naglesmann waits, their will be better jobs than Spurs available in the summer.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

strange timing unless something dodgy has gone on

Feels like they had doubts over Nagelsmann short and long term and had Tuchel as their prime target if they decided to sack him. Then Tuchel's agent told them he was thinking of joining Spurs so they pounced now instead of waiting and risk missing out.

Just speculation, I have no real clue.

Â