The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

21 minutes ago, El Zen said:

St. Pauli off to a decent start in Zweite. Their form since last winter break and the new head coach took over is promotion form. Could it actually happen? 

They threw it away 2 seasons ago bit like Arsenal

They probably draw too many games

29 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They threw it away 2 seasons ago bit like Arsenal

They probably draw too many games

They probably do, and they probably will, and as long as HSV f*** up every year I’m fine 😅

Such a close and interesting league, though. Lots of massive clubs Hertha and Schalke struggling early doors. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NoelVilla said:

Kaiserslautern top of Bundesliga 2. @BOF should be excited. Watched 2nd half and they looked quality.

I am 😁 It's been a long time coming. Hopefully we can keep it up, because we're only scraping past teams, but as long as we continue that then it's all good.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BOF said:

I am 😁 It's been a long time coming. Hopefully we can keep it up, because we're only scraping past teams, but as long as we continue that then it's all good.

Would say your defence is crap more than anything

• 4 months later...

Best fans in the world strike again. The protests at the weekend worked and they wont be following up with an outside investor buying a share in the league

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Best fans in the world strike again. The protests at the weekend worked and they wont be following up with an outside investor buying a share in the league

Beat league in the World, really.

50+1 rule. Low ticket prices. High attendances. Low revenue:cost ratio for clubs.

20 hours ago, MaVilla said:

How on earth are Bayern second, in a one team league!?

wacky, the Kane effect, clearly.

Their defence isn't right, not much depth, lots of rotation lots of square pegs in round holes 

• Like 1

Xabi Alonso agrees to join Bayern in the summer.

Undermimes the title race for this season a bit.

Edit:  Argh, they got me...

Edited by Wainy316
  • Haha 2

Serhou Guirassy with 2 tonight. He has 20 in 18 in the league. Won't catch Kane due to the injury and the AFCON but still a very good season.

Papers here reporting musiala has rejected a new deal as he wants a move to the PL

probably actually means he just wants that PL money out of bayern but imo he's up there with Bellingham in that age group, would be a huge signing for someone 

On 21/02/2024 at 16:52, MaVilla said:

How on earth are Bayern second, in a one team league!?

wacky, the Kane effect, clearly.

Do you think the Premier League is a one team league?

39 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Do you think the Premier League is a one team league?

The PL is more competitive than the germa  league.

to be fair if man city win the PL 11 times in a row then yes I would think the PL is a 1 team league, i think quietly its moving towards it but don't want to be overly vocal about it seeing as liverpool are currently top, post klopp if liverpool make a misstep and city don't get their bum slapped over FFP  its hard to see anything other than another couple of years of city dominating 

not to mention the draw bayern then have in terms of players and managers, leverkusen win the league is going to be followed by bayern taking alonso from them, if they sell musiala i wouldnt be surprised if they take wirtz from them too

Â