The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

I get why they're hated.  But if rival fans are going to be consistent with those views then surely the likes of Bayer Leverkusen & Wolfsburg should attract the exact same hatred.  In the case of Bayer, a company with enough evil in its past to be hated by association alone.

RB Leipzig are not unique.  They're just the most recent example, and therefore the one fans aren't used to.  But it's some impressive cognitive dissonance going on in the meantime.

• Like 1

Have seen RBL climb the leagues and the fans around the country detest them and rightly so, but this is just appalling behaviour. I am glad that the Dortmund Ultras are getting negative press here, as I have seen first hand how dangerous they can be. I understand that fans are passionate (I am too), but there is a line that is often crossed which is not reported often enough.

Edited by steve1986
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Dortmund the new Liverpool when it comes to **** up your bet

even 9 man Milan won :lol:

Guess who had 20 quid on a 0-0 in the Meelan game and Delefeou effortlessly beats about 5 Bologna players....

I really should learn the art of cashing out.....:bang:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Just ending up another boring season really, with Bayern walking the league even though they haven't been good this season.

Bayern have already bought 2 of Hoffenheim's best players for next season and are linked with another from Leverkusen. The problem is that whilst everyone moans about Leipzig, Bayern are just dismantling any team they can when they get close. Obviously, you cannot stop them from doing this but look at the players they buy from their rivals, this is why Leipzig are important as they won't sell players to Bayern and all their players are on long contracts.

• Like 2

Hoping that Guido Burgstaller can keep up his impressive form this season,could be one of the buys of the year if he does, scored a few goals already for Schalke and only cost just over a million I think. With him and Embolo (when fit) I have much higher hopes against Dortmund than I did a few weeks ago.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, steve1986 said:

Just the 8-0 for Bayern today against Hamburg, they love playing them, last 6 games they have scored 44 goals against them at home. Can see the Bayer Leverkusen manager being sacked within the next couple of weeks, their form is atrocious.

And we thought our record v Man. United and Man. City were bad!

Leverkusen have been wildly inconsistent this season, they won last week so lose this week and so on, might scrape into Europa league but that's about it.

It's always been a club that's had talented players and squads but can never make the final step. All leagues had that club, Arsenal, Roma etc.

Schmidt has no business being linked with Arsenal though, that was an odd one for me.

• Like 1

I feel for Hamburg fans, I was at one of the destructions at the hands of Bayern and they were dire that day (Mancienne and Bruma at the back). 

Leverkusen have so many talented players (like my beloved Schalke) but just can't get it to click enough to get them over the line. Schmidt is a good manager, but nowhere near good enough for a team like Arsenal, he has kept Bayer up in the top 6 for a while now, but I think without some serious medical money from the owners they will never get close to Bayern. 

• Like 1

It's always been the case since that 2002 season....the team of Ballack, Lucio, Berbatov, Oliver Neuville. They won nothing despite being being in all the finals and messed up the league ever since and that's lingered since.

Still being though plenty of players that top European clubs want to sign although Tah still has a lot to learn imo and I think Leno in goal is overrated....prefer Horn at Koln.

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

It's always been the case since that 2002 season....the team of Ballack, Lucio, Berbatov, Oliver Neuville. They won nothing despite being being in all the finals and messed up the league ever since and that's lingered since.

all them players and didnt name the 2 best players that sad season in Schneider and Ze Roberto ;)

Â