Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

1 minute ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I don't usually follow cricket but love the ashes. 

So, can I ask, why was Wood not in the previous 2 tests? 

Not fit. Nearly fit for Lords but still niggly ankle I think.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I don't usually follow cricket but love the ashes. 

So, can I ask, why was Wood not in the previous 2 tests? 

Injured for the first test I think. Not sure he was quite ready for the second, either, hence Tongue playing that game.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, blandy said:

Injured for the first test I think. Not sure he was quite ready for the second, either, hence Tongue playing that game.

It's a shame that the Tests have such a short gap between them.  The Ashes should last the whole summer to give the best bowlers every chance to play every game and not have to rotate them.

• Like 1

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

It's a shame that the Tests have such a short gap between them.  The Ashes should last the whole summer to give the best bowlers every chance to play every game and not have to rotate them.

There is a week between this and the next one I think.

Duckett waited long to slash it to a fielder didn't he. 6th ball. **** moron. He just can't resist swinging at everything. Harry Brook effectively opening for the rest of the series as one of these idiots will get themselves out early...  let's hope he is up to it 

Tricky pitch to score runs on, particularly against this Australia attack. Mitch Marsh might have shown the way forwards for England here. Take your chance and get a bit of luck seems to be the way to go.

Scratching around for a bit seems like there’s always going to be a ball with your name on it and you’ll not score many.

In reality this kind of pitch is exactly what Australia want and they’re better than us at exploiting it and taking their chances.

Edited by tom_avfc

Two poor wickets to give away. Absolutely no need for Duckett to play the ball and Brook, again naivity to okay such a low bouncer. The bowling so far though has been superb.

Think Brook can't handle these pitches. I wouldn't take him to Australia next Ashes if he's still batting like this 

Â