Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

1 minute ago, theunderstudy said:

Think Brook can't handle these pitches. I wouldn't take him to Australia next Ashes if he's still batting like this 

He hardly played a shot and that’s not his game. Never looked comfortable. He’s had a great start to his career lower down the order. I wouldn’t be dropping him due to struggling to play the new ball that’s swinging everywhere against the best bowling attack in cricket.

As soon as he gets back down the order I don’t doubt that he’ll get back into the form he showed early on given time.

If he can't play this high up WHY are we playing him this high up??? It's costing us a wicket. We know one of Laurel or Hardy will give away their wicket within the first 10 overs so we need someone with a bit more nous to play there not a number 5 batsman who thrives playing a worn ball

3 minutes ago, theunderstudy said:

If he can't play this high up WHY are we playing him this high up??? It's costing us a wicket. We know one of Laurel or Hardy will give away their wicket within the first 10 overs so we need someone with a bit more nous to play there not a number 5 batsman who thrives playing a worn ball

Laurel and Hardy? Duckett has an average of 48 and made 98 and 83 in the previous test match.

Completely agree that Brook shouldn’t be at 3. Probably should have moved Root up a place but he doesn’t seem to want to bat at 3. We’re hardly blessed with options if you’re after that sort of batsman though.

15 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

What’s the bookies price on an England follow on?

no price for the follow on but the bookies still have us as faves

5/6 England - 11/8 the Aussies - 8/1 the draw

14 minutes ago, imavillan said:

no price for the follow on but the bookies still have us as faves

5/6 England - 11/8 the Aussies - 8/1 the draw

Thought we'd be lower than that. 

what a garbage decision giving Davies out...close to the gloves no spike on ultra edge yet still given out....shocking

and as for the two commentators, well, talk about biased

awful

Just now, imavillan said:

what a garbage decision giving Davies out...close to the gloves no spike on ultra edge yet still given out....shocking

awful

EDIT:

They've just confirmed ultra edge is down....still a shite decision

Just now, imavillan said:

awful

You could see it hit the glove and they’ve just confirmed that ultra edge isn’t working. I can understand the fans in the ground being angry about it as they’re probably unaware but not sure how anybody watching that on tv can question that decision.

Â