Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

• 4 weeks later...

Beeb:

The BBC will show highlights of every Test and one-day international played by England this summer, starting with the three-Test series against West Indies in July.

World Cup winner Isa Guha will present the programmes as cricket returns to BBC TV for the first time since 1999.

England kick off against West Indies at the Ageas Bowl on 8 July, with highlights on BBC Two at 19:00 BST.

England 'kick off'? Kick off? What **** game are we playing here, fellas? (!2th man reference)

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Rodders said:

Yep. He's been what we need. Fingers crossed he reaches triple figures. 

He has, and the Ginger Ninja isn't far behind.

5 hours ago, Rodders said:

Yep. He's been what we need. Fingers crossed he reaches triple figures. 

He's everything Roy isn't, and that is perfect!

Still baffled by the Roy experiment last year in tests. 

Stokes is some cricketer. I just hope we don’t burden him with the captaincy again. He’s already a key batsman and bowler, captaincy will just add too much pressure.

Good ton by Sibley as well, just what we need.

we have picked it up more so I think, definitely harder running. This partnership is over 250 runs now. Could do with an hour now after drinks where we go for it, we have the firepower to come. Sibley has done his job, at a certain point his run rate starts become debilitating. But if i recall when he got his century in cape town he did accelerate after he got is century so. 

4 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Stokes is some cricketer.

And, to be fair, has appeared to turn himself around from his issues earlier off the pitch (Bristol) and on (the T20 final v Brathwaite).

I have to say that I've been impressed by his responses. I was very critical of him about the off field issue especially so I need to stand up and applaud how he seems to have come out of it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Stokes is some cricketer. I just hope we don’t burden him with the captaincy again. He’s already a key batsman and bowler, captaincy will just add too much pressure.

Good ton by Sibley as well, just what we need.

He's Bothamess now isnt he. Truly a world class cricketer and our best player. Sibley a bit like Trott shows patience. At 24 he could have  a long test career ahead of him. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Curran could really be a mainstay if this side, so much talent. It’s a shame at the moment they keep rotating him

He will be a mainstay once Anderson and Broad are gone. We've got a strong bowling line up at present - Jimmy, Broad, Archer, Wood, Woakes and Curran for starters. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

He will be a mainstay once Anderson and Broad are gone. We've got a strong bowling line up at present - Jimmy, Broad, Archer, Wood, Woakes and Curran for starters. 

I’m pretty sure those two are robots and will be playing for another 30 yrs

• Like 1

Â