Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

World Cup qualifying in Zimbabwe has been a farce. Scotland were robbed and development of game has been ruined by lack of qualifying spots

Just hope Ireland grab last spot tomorrow

Hmm; well it seems something is not right ..... but not sure about Michael Vaughan. Having just finished Jonathon Trott's book, he was quite unsympathetic  to Trott , if I understood it correctly.

How stupid have you got to be to cheat like that in international sport with the worlds cameras looking on? 

Actually, thinking about it for a moment, does this happen frequently and this is the first time they’ve been caught?

Well of course England have previous for this sort of thing don't they ? Atherton and the dirt in his pocket. He seemed to have come away unscathed and still commentates on Sky. As he comes from Lancashire, I'd have had him executed !!! 

It's all gone crazy here, loving it! Cheating tossers. Those involved deserve a lengthy ban - Lehman, Smith, Warner & Bancroft definitely involved, and by the sounds of it a few others.

Smith giving the impression that it's no big deal, but he's just ruined his reputation forever.

• Like 1

fair play to the Aussies though they arent taking any shit about this and dont seem to let them get away with this. I dont think other countries would have been so strict. Bancroft I imagine was pressured into doing it as he is just a rookie. The rest should be ashamed

I imagine couple match bans for the players, sacking of Lehmann will be fair outcome

as for England, as classy a player that he can be, Joe Root doesnt ever seem like the type of player to grind you out a dirty game saving innings.

I also believe its 7 tests in a row without taking 20 wickets

38 minutes ago, Zatman said:

fair play to the Aussies though they arent taking any shit about this and dont seem to let them get away with this. I dont think other countries would have been so strict. Bancroft I imagine was pressured into doing it as he is just a rookie. The rest should be ashamed

I imagine couple match bans for the players, sacking of Lehmann will be fair outcome

Using Bancroft is pretty disgraceful, although he could have refused to have anything to do with it. Lehman, Smith & Warner clearly knew all about it, and should all be sacked, but I suspect a ban for the next test will be the limit. One or two other senior players apparently livid that this happened and will now be a stain on their own reputations. I think the dressing room moral has been totally destroyed.

Not Smith's first offence either - his looking up to the dressing rooms for tips on calling reviews in the last India series now look like the actions of a man perfectly happy to cheat any time if the opportunity arises.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

as for England, as classy a player that he can be, Joe Root doesnt ever seem like the type of player to grind you out a dirty game saving innings.

I also believe its 7 tests in a row without taking 20 wickets

You mean like (Sir) Ian Bell could !

Â