Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

England are now bottom of the group as Dutch won again

I can't be the only person bored by this World Cup format. Is still about 20 odd group games left. They cannot be attracting many casual fans with such a boring format

I love cricket but I haven’t watched a single game. 

1 hour ago, veloman said:

So what do England do now ; appoint a new Head Coach ?  If they did, my vote would go to Jonathan Trott who has done brilliantly for Afghanistan. (No Warks bias of course😃). However , I seem to remember he was not a favourite of 'the Cockney Press' so let's find someone from Surrey. Essex, Middlesex et al. 

I'd like to see them go for Morgan. Not sure whether he would take it just yet though.

I don't think they will get a new coach in, Mott won the last T20 World Cup and they've got another one next year I believe.  It depends on whether there has been a clash between him and Buttler behind the scenes that can't be resolved or something like that.  

I said a few weeks/months back that there is just too much cricket nowadays, it dilutes its importance. It used to be a big thing, a test match or international one day game. Turning meaningless now IMO. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

0, 0, 1, 0, 1.

I've never seen worse top 5 batting figures :D 

Reminds me, I played in a game where we were all out for 12, and they knocked them off in the first over. Had to wait half an hour for tea then went home.

• Haha 1

the ECB website shows the scores for every match in the world cup 

it just states the name of the country ,except for England , where we are listed as " England Men" 

now , we aren't the only country in the world with a women's cricket team and the tournament is  called the ICC Men's cricket world cup  , shouldn't we just be England  ? 

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

it just states the name of the country ,except for England , where we are listed as " England Men" 

now , we aren't the only country in the world with a women's cricket team and the tournament is  called the ICC Men's cricket world cup  , shouldn't we just be England  ? 

Perhaps the men bit is said whilst performing air quotes?

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I see

IMG_1814.png

19 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Should technically be England & Wales.

I'll pop the complaint in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I see the mighty Warwickshire, formally one of the richest and most powerful Clubs in the Country , have made a major signing for next year .... George Garton ! First person to say "Who ? , go and stand in the corner.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, veloman said:

I see the mighty Warwickshire, formally one of the richest and most powerful Clubs in the Country , have made a major signing for next year .... George Garton ! First person to say "Who ? , go and stand in the corner.

What, the "George Garton", wow🤯

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, veloman said:

He's a very good cricketer but like so many quick bowlers has had lots of injuries.  Sad to see him leave Sussex.

22 hours ago, veloman said:

Aside, perhaps, from Surrey in that there London (they’ve done brilliantly in all aspects of their club), all the counties are strapped for cash. Pandemic, ground improvements and so on, plus the same cost of living and energy prices stuff have been a real burden. There’s more stuff being done with the ground, too - Hotel and I think they’re gonna fettle the City end as well?

Â