Zlatan Ibrahimovic

mikeyp102

Would he cut the mustard in the prem?  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Would he cut the mustard in the prem?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

As a non Swede can I get the TLDR on this Hammarby - Malmo rivalry? Geographically they are about as far apart as Southampton and Newcastle are in England so there can't be anything local, are they rivals for  honours ever or are Malmo fans just sore that Zlatan decided to invest his money elsewhere? 

29 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

As a non Swede can I get the TLDR on this Hammarby - Malmo rivalry? Geographically they are about as far apart as Southampton and Newcastle are in England so there can't be anything local, are they rivals for  honours ever or are Malmo fans just sore that Zlatan decided to invest his money elsewhere? 

The latter. Zlatan is rooted deep in the immigrant-rich part of Malmo, massive hero to them. The only recent spark between the clubs is a (tasteless) banner about 15 years ago that Malmo-supporters put up on a away game, saying a bunch of old Hammarby legends where alcoholics and now dead. It kicked off pretty bad after that game.

Hammarbys only real rivals are the other two Stockholm clubs AIK and Djurgarden. When it comes to trophies it's like comparing Man U and West Brom. Malmo has 20+ and Hammarby 1.

• Like 2

And one of his homes in Stockholm has been vandalized.

Some death threats and a bunch of racist attacks. Cute

People are morons, but I get why this would sting for a MFF "supporter"

640@60.jpg

Edited by sne

And to think the statue was initially supposed to be in Solna outside the National stadium (shared with AIK) but was moved to Malmö because they (correctly) feared it would be vandalized in Solna by AIK fans.

Bildresultat för ironic gif

• Like 2

The Telegraph claiming he's signed for A.C Milan. Not sure what their sources are but as I mentioned Milan was always the most likely destination.

There's previously been speculations he is to be presented on Dec 15th when they celebrate 120 years as a club at home against Sassuolo.

Remains to see if they are correct.

Their anniversary kit is pretty nice

ac_milan_2019_puma_120th_anniversary_home_kit_a.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Probably best to not fan the flames of this situation even further.

His mother, father and rest of his family still live in Malmö. As fun as it is to receive death threats he probably don't want his family to be targeted.

• 2 weeks later...
Â