Zlatan Ibrahimovic

mikeyp102

Would he cut the mustard in the prem?  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Would he cut the mustard in the prem?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Telling people he is signing for Hammarby 🤔

Would be hilarious :D 

Fwiw all the Hammarby top brass is currently in L.A and when Zlatan is in Sweden he usually stays in one of his Stockholm homes (or Åre during the winter)

Will probably end up being a one off exhibition game or a collaboration with one of his companies.

Just now, Tegis said:

Watch the Malmo supporters implode over that would make my year

:crylaugh:Can you imagine.

Sadly he won't come home and play 20 something games on plastic pitches as a move to Hammarby would mean.

Expressen has a couple of theories with the likely ones being

• the Anschutz-LA-Hammarby connection,
  • a sponsor deal, 
  • His kids playing for Hammarby if they move to Sweden
  • or his brother signing for their E-sport team

8 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

A lot of us moved on from Zlatan years ago. I find his media personality embarrassing and when he called Janne Andersson a racist he became one of the biggest idiots in football.

It is disappointing that this is the way he's chosen to promote himself and his companies and products after moving away from the big scenes of football.

His outward persona has become tedious and predictable. By all accounts that's not how he is in person and private which makes it extra sad.

That said he is the greatest footballer we have ever had and will ever have.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, sne said:

It is disappointing that this is the way he's chosen to promote himself and his companies and products after moving away from the big scenes of football.

His outward persona has become tedious and predictable. By all accounts that's not how he is in person and private which makes it extra sad.

That said he is the greatest footballer we have ever had and will ever have.

He isnt even the greatest Swedish player of his generation, risking a ban for slandering King Olof 😉 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

I would say Bosse Larsson but this post probably suits 'Himmelriket' better 😀

My favorite is Torbjörn Nilsson but it'd be hard to argue he was actually better than Zlatan :)

Part ownership it is.

Zlatan buys a quarter of Hammarby

Zlatan Ibrahimovic pressed the publish button and all of Sweden went spinning. It was enough with a picture of Hammarby's match shirt and the name "Ibrahimovic" on the back. Then the country's football enthusiasts - and quite a few others around the world - spent the rest of Tuesday speculating on the 38-year-old's future.

The sports magazine, as the only newspaper, reaches Zlatan over the phone.

- I had agreed with the team from Hammarby and AEG to get this thing as global as possible. We would be seen all over the world. Not only in Sweden but throughout the world. Everyone should know who Hammarby is and when you see the logo you should understand: that is Hammarby.

Now Sportbladet can tell you what it was all about. Zlatan Ibrahimovic is now a major partner in Hammarby. The American Anschutz Entertainment Group, AEG, held just under half (47 percent) of the shares in Hammarby Fotboll AB. AEG also owns the Los Angeles Galaxy in MLS which Zlatan Ibrahimovic leaves this winter. Now, the Swede buys 50 percent of AEG Sweden and thus owns about a quarter of Hammarby himself.

"Will not play in Sweden"

Is there any chance you are playing in Allsvenskan for Hammarby?

- I have said for ten years that I should not play football in the Allsvenskan. It's not going to happen.

https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/a/1n0VBM/bomben-zlatan-koper-fjardedel-av-hammarby

Just to put in context just how little money there is in Swedish football, Zlatans 25% purchase of Hammarby (one of the bigger clubs in Swedish football) is valued at just under £700.000 

23 minutes ago, sne said:

Just to put in context just how little money there is in Swedish football, Zlatans 25% purchase of Hammarby (one of the bigger clubs in Swedish football) is valued at just under £700.000 

and American group bought 10% of Man City for £389m 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

and American group bought 10% of Man City for £389m 

The 51% members ownership rule means it's not possible or meaningful for anyone to pour money into a club since they will not have control over said money.

Pros and cons with this rule.

On 26/11/2019 at 17:30, sne said:

I have been told firsthand information of a young Swedish player called up to the national team for the 1st time about 5 years ago.

Zlatan was one of his heroes as similar enough background yet he completely blanked the guy the entire squad. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I have been told firsthand information of a young Swedish player called up to the national team for the 1st time about 5 years ago.

Zlatan was one of his heroes as similar enough background yet he completely blanked the guy the entire squad. 

I've friends who've spent time with him fishing and hunting and to them he was extremely nice. Only met him briefly twice so can't say for myser.

Â