Zlatan Ibrahimovic

mikeyp102

Would he cut the mustard in the prem?  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Would he cut the mustard in the prem?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

2 goals and 1 assist tonight. Since he came back from injury during the restart he has scored 6 goals and assisted 4 in 8 games + a 25 min run out in the first game back.

Not bad for a guy turning 39 in a few months. The lower intensity in the games during the restart probably helps him but still.

• Like 1

Still doing it at the highest level, a key figure in Milan's resurgence.  I think you're right in saying the situation right now probably suits his game, but I think his key attributes (technique, intelligence, strength) are ones which last longer than pace and stamina which other professionals trade off of.  Fair play to the guy, he's a generational talent. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Zlatan has gifted PlayStation 5's to all his AC Milan teammates.  Not that they couldn't afford them themselves but apparently they are a bit tricky to get hold of.

Wonder if the Milan hierarchy thinks this is a good or bad thing? Guess staying up all night playing games is better than staying up all night doing other stuff :D 

Edited by sne

6 hours ago, sne said:

Zlatan has gifted PlayStation 5's to all his AC Milan teammates.  Not that they couldn't afford them themselves but apparently they are a bit tricky to get hold of.

Wonder if the Milan hierarchy thinks this is a good or bad thing? Guess staying up all night playing games is better than staying up all night doing other stuff :D 

Did Sony drop a truck load of them off at his house then?

Zlatan left the door open to a comeback in the Swedish national side in an interview a week ago and the Sweden manager Janne Andersson also seemed less dismissive than previously and apparently they have now had a meeting in Milan today or yesterday that was "positive". No details thou.

Would be a quite the shock if Zlatan put on the Sweden jersey again and it would make out team for the Euro's next summer (pending Covid) a whole lot stronger.

Still don't think it will happen thou.

12 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I don't think it would necessarily make sweden stronger. In fact, possibly, the opposite.

I agree, Sweden are a better team as they showed in the World Cup without Zlatan though maybe not better quality. With him playing they will just go to panic mode and pass to him at every cost which makes them more predictable

For me its also a dick move for a player to come out of retirement for a tournament no matter who they are

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After his voodoo comments to Lukaku,now he is fighting Lebron James in the US media in an unprovoked attack. Lot of US pundits are saying Zlatan image had taken a nosedive from it

He will also miss training all week because he has a pre-arranged song festival he will attend

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

After his voodoo comments to Lukaku,now he is fighting Lebron James in the US media in an unprovoked attack. Lot of US pundits are saying Zlatan image had taken a nosedive from it

He will also miss training all week because he has a pre-arranged song festival he will attend

He's also out injured for a couple weeks.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Taking his own advice and sticking to sport... 

Massive hypocrite and badly missing the point, Lebron as one of the biggest black superstars in the states shouldnt just stick to sports, he should be vocal

I was literally just writing a post saying the same thing.

Kinda sad with Zlatan basically coming out with a "shut up and dribble" statement. Wonder what prompted it, he's been rather vocal against racism in Sweden.

• Like 1

Â