Zlatan Ibrahimovic

mikeyp102

Would he cut the mustard in the prem?  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Would he cut the mustard in the prem?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Kinda sad with Zlatan basically coming out with a "shut up and dribble" statement. Wonder what prompted it, he's been rather vocal against racism in Sweden.

thats an infamous FOX News anchor quote about Lebron from a few years back

Didn't he say his hero was Muhammad Ali? I'm guessing he didn't really know much about his history.

Zlatan used to be brilliant at straddling the line between brilliant and obnoxious but he's just been completely shitting on his legacy in recent times. He's just an asshole now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Didn't he say his hero was Muhammad Ali? I'm guessing he didn't really know much about his history.

Zlatan used to be brilliant at straddling the line between brilliant and obnoxious but he's just been completely shitting on his legacy in recent times. He's just an asshole now.

He just seems like a bitter old man whose star is about to fade so might as well try stay in the limelight

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He just seems like a bitter old man whose star is about to fade so might as well try stay in the limelight

More like a billionaire (SEK not £) who is trying to drum up interest for his non football ventures. But doing a crappy job at it atm.

Edited by sne

58 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Once upon a time Villa were in the business of trying to sign fading stars, oh how times have changed.

A couple of Swedish sources are claiming he is set to return to the Swedish International side for the games in late March. Would be quite the shock that even thou there has been speculation.

Would be a huge lift for especially the young players like Isak and Kulusevski and Sweden badly lack leadership in the team.

Current starting striker Marcus Berg is only a couple years younger and will be playing in the Swedish league come the Euro's and Robin Quaison has been injured a lot this season. A pairing od Zlatan and Alexander Isak would be rather exiting.

Still doubt it will happen thou.

I think its a disgrace if he comes back to play in the Euros when others have went to far flung countries to play or even sit on the bench in qualifiers. 

He was dreadful in the last tournament he played amd Sweden clearly are better without him. They dont get to the World Cup quarters in 2018 with Zlatan

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think its a disgrace if he comes back to play in the Euros when others have went to far flung countries to play or even sit on the bench in qualifiers. 

He was dreadful in the last tournament he played amd Sweden clearly are better without him. They dont get to the World Cup quarters in 2018 with Zlatan

I see this opinion from time to time, in Sweden it's mostly from the type of people who vote for the brown party who always hated Zlatan.

It' totally ignores that we shifted manager in 2016 and went from Eerik Hamrén to Janne Andersson. So basically went from Tactics Tim to a Lars Lagerbäck situation. It's like claiming that the reason Villa improved when Bruce left and Smith came in is actually down to that Terry retired.

1 minute ago, sne said:

I see this opinion from time to time, in Sweden it's mostly from the type of people who vote for the brown party who always hated Zlatan.

It' totally ignores that we shifted manager in 2016 and went from Eerik Hamrén to Janne Andersson. So basically went from Tactics Tim to a Lars Lagerbäck situation. It's like claiming that the reason Villa improved when Bruce left and Smith came in is actually down to that Terry retired.

Its true though, its like when Roy Keane left Ireland in 2002. Players realise you have to play yourself instead of just passing to the only superstar in your team. Toivonen and Berg are average forwards but they did a better tournament for Sweden than they had since 1994 because of the work rate.

I dont think Sweden qualify for 2018 with Zlatan as they needed a tough qualifying campaign and needed workhorses 

Nah don't buy that at all and never have/will. But Toivonen and especially Berg did a smashing job.

Performance vise Sweden were much better in the 2002 WC and in the Portugal Euro's 2004. We did reach the quarter finals in 2018 but performances were pretty meh, never looked like a threat to anyone and were embarrassing against England. Obviously the team was pretty poor so well done to everyone involved.

They battered Mexico, unlucky vs Germany and beat a tough Swiss team for a team nobody expected to get out of the group stage. Pretty impressive tournament 

No chance for me they get through qualifying vs France, Netherlands and Italy with Zlatan 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Maybe he should concentrate on football, his off field distractions are messing Milan about in recent months

The Covid-19 sickness, his calf injury and his 2 muscle injuries?

If anything it's his body not holding up that's messing them up. He's missed 20 games due to injuries this season already.

7 minutes ago, sne said:

The Covid-19 sickness, his calf injury and his 2 muscle injuries?

If anything it's his body not holding up that's messing them up. He's missed 20 games due to injuries this season already.

Returning for Sweden was a stupid move for his ego to play in a tournament, he looked dreadful on his return. Plus his idiotic fight with Lebron james and his singing with mihajlovic and now a movie

All unneccesary distractions

The Mihajlovic thing was when he was injured, and I imagine the LeBron thing took about 1h out of his time.

And while he played a very safe figure for Sweden he still assisted to the opening goal in both games he played.

He also went home to spend a bit of time with his family that is staying in Stockholm instead of Milan currently. But I guess one could side with his younger son who got really sad when he went away with Sweden rather than stay home during the international break

Â