Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Ok you tech legends i dropped my Galaxy S5 payed 120 quid had a new screen but now randomly my screen rotation doesnt work i've had it working by turning the phone off and taking the battery off but it doesnt last long and infact now just doesnt work at all , i've done the test thing and it seems the gyro is un responsive , ok its not the end of the world but its still bloody annoying , i think it maybe linked with the pedometre built in thing on it , anyone have any ideas on this ?

So I'm on my Nexus 6 now. Not sure on it yet, may send it back. It looks nice, the screen is incredible but 6 inch... It's just too damn big. I have larger than normal hands, and I'm struggling to use it one handed. Maybe I need to give it time as I did come from a Z3 Compact.

So I'm on my Nexus 6 now. Not sure on it yet, may send it back. It looks nice, the screen is incredible but 6 inch... It's just too damn big. I have larger than normal hands, and I'm struggling to use it one handed. Maybe I need to give it time as I did come from a Z3 Compact.

Yeah give it a few weeks and you'll be fine. It's a hell of an adjustment but you will get used to it.

Found out that the SMS app I use ("hello") has been stealth spamming my contacts.

Basically it adds a load of shit to the end of your messages. A link to the app and some shite about where you sent the text from, even though I've de-selected the option to send links to contacts.

I've changed as a result. Very sneaky. I'm sure it was probably something that I accepted as part of an update so I'm sure TECHNICALLY I only have myself to blame. But still, might be one to avoid.

Yeah give it a few weeks and you'll be fine. It's a hell of an adjustment but you will get used to it.

I sent it back already :lol:

Got a LG G4 for the same price, it's supposed to be a much better phone anyway.

Found out that the SMS app I use ("hello") has been stealth spamming my contacts.

Basically it adds a load of shit to the end of your messages. A link to the app and some shite about where you sent the text from, even though I've de-selected the option to send links to contacts.

I've changed as a result. Very sneaky. I'm sure it was probably something that I accepted as part of an update so I'm sure TECHNICALLY I only have myself to blame. But still, might be one to avoid.

Out of interest, why would you use anything but hangouts?

• Like 1

You know what? I don't know.

I did use it when I first got the Nexus 5. There was a legitimate reason why I didn't like it so I changed to Textra and then subsequently to hello.

But I can't for the life of me remember what the reason was.

I'll set it as my default SMS app and try it again and see if I can remember (or preferably I won't remember and it'll be fine :thumb:)

• Like 1

Thinking about it, I think it was because I didn't like texts and "hangouts" (i.e. gmail chats and G+ hangouts) all coming through to the same place.

At that time people were actually using those things with me.

But nobody uses them anymore (with me anyway) so that probably won't be a problem

Can you get it sim free?  I assume not?

Also, other than the average battery life, the Smart Ultra 6 I picked up has been **** brilliant. Still can't believe I only paid £125. Might go and pick up another before Vodafone realise it's been a mistake on their end.

More importantly, how much to lift the network lock?

Sorry, didn't see this until now. The unlock code cost me £3 off eBay.

• Like 1

Â