Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

The lack of Qi charger is a big bummer. And the fact that my phones are shrinking. 6.3>6>5.7

Will probably get the 6P anyway. No other tasty alternatives from what I can see

Ordered the 6P this morning, wasnt the impulse buy the Nexus 5 was but I do need to change mine as the battery life sucks.

Wireless charging is a big miss for me so will see if fast charging eases the loss.

The new pixel looks nice, wouldnt use the keyboard at home and wouldnt use it as a laptop replacement at work so not sure who its aimed at really.

I still don't get this weird expectation on the pricing of Nexus phones.  This is the seventh iteration, the first three (Nexus One, Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus) were premium priced, the Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 were upper mid range priced, the Nexus 6 was back to premium.  This year Google look like they want to hit both bases.  If you want something even cheaper just buy a Moto X or something. 

• Like 3

Im comparing it against similarly specced mid range phones.

I cant be the only one who thinks these two phones are overpriced?

No, same here. The Nexus 5 was a good price. Everything else has been overpriced.

Looks like my Nexus 5 lives to fight another year!

From what i can see over the last few years all these Android phones are all similar and one seems to be just as good as another i personally have a htc m8 and well it does what it is supposed to do. Even the Apple phones all look the same and near enough do the same things.  I think all this what phone, which phone is all crap a phone is a phone after all.  

Some phones have better camera, or better battery life, or different features. They are all quite different.

They might look similar, but they're quite different in many ways. That's why the price range is so large.

• Like 1

No, same here. The Nexus 5 was a good price. Everything else has been overpriced.

A better speccd phone for the same price its predecessor was selling for 2 years ago, what price would you pay for the new Nexus Darren?

Nexus 5X up for pre-order at Carphonewarehouse for £299.00

Still overpriced?

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/phones/lg-nexus-5x-16gb/handset?colourCodeBLACK&portal=AWIN&promo=118046

Very tempted if that's the price.

Potentially a christmas present for myself

I'll have one too if you are feeling generous :wub:

A better speccd phone for the same price its predecessor was selling for 2 years ago, what price would you pay for the new Nexus Darren?

I think I paid £279 from the Google store for my Nexus 5 which was an absolutely top spec phone when released. OIS camera, QI charging, 2GB RAM, fastest SoC available etc. Nothing else had the same hardware for a while. The new 5x is £339 with slightly lower than top end specs. I just got a bit spoiled by the aggressive pricing on the original I guess.

You don't have to buy them! 

Yes I know that, I'd like to though. I don't get your mild hostility? 

I don't think there's hostility there mate, I think it's more a case of Rev saying you don't have much choice on the price.

FWIW I think all mobiles are overpriced at the minute, I'm on a HTC One M9 and it's a lovely bit of kit but it a still not quite 'there', there's a gap between Phone, Phablet and Tablet that's not been filled yet for me, on any OS or with any manufacturer

• Like 1

I think I paid £279 from the Google store for my Nexus 5 which was an absolutely top spec phone when released. OIS camera, QI charging, 2GB RAM, fastest SoC available etc. Nothing else had the same hardware for a while. The new 5x is £339 with slightly lower than top end specs. I just got a bit spoiled by the aggressive pricing on the original I guess.

Although the cameras on both 5x and 6p look fantastic

tomatoes.0.jpg

Â