Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Waiting on an invite for a oneplus two while trying to work out if the moto x style is worth £70 more at £360. Two great priced, great specced phones.

I have a one plus one but tempted to get the 2. I think its going to be very difficult/timely to get an invite though.

If any of you get one and then get invites to send out id be keen. 

Thanks

The 2015 Moto X looks exactly like the thing I'd want in a phone. I'd probably still be on Android had the 2014 version not had an iffy camera.

I've gone up to 17,500ish on the One+ 2 list, thats from 374,000 a few days ago. Out of 1.4 million.

Rather looking forward to this device.

How can you tell?

Been looking around at different stuff while waiting for oneplus to hurry up and I'm really tempted to pick up a Vodafone smart ultra 6 and just unlock it. For £125 it's got some incredible specs on it. Puts the moto g et al to shame.

Edited by Ingram85

I'm now using an LG G4 - Terrific phone, it reminds me of my old Nexus 5 (obviously because of the same manufacturer and similar design), there's minimal bloatware (seriously, I haven't seen any), terrific camera and the LG UI is practically non-existant. I've found if you use the settings app instead of the one from the pull down menu you get the standard settings list.

Bloomin' expensive mind..

Simplicity itself. Nexus 5 is almost a replaceable battery anyway. Pull the back off and change the battery. The back just takes a bit more pulling.

Well I would have guessed that if anybody had it would be you Darren. Did it improve the battery life? and where did you get the battery from (if you dont mind).

Cheers

Replaced my partners, it did improve and I got it from an online store... Name escapes me, began with c. Sorry for hijacking!

Picked up the smart ultra 6 yesterday. The specs for the price are astonishing.

1080p 5.5" screen

13mp/5mp cameras

Octo core 1.7GHz Snapdragon 615 64bit

2gb ram

16gb memory

Micro SD up to 64gb

3000mAh battery

Adreno 405 graphics

NFC

Tap to wake

£125.00

Bonkers. Absolutely bonkers.

It runs great, the cameras are brilliant (this is where I thought it would let itself down but no, both cameras are great), great battery life and a **** beautiful screen.

I urge anyone to pick one up.

Ingy, how often do you get a new phone?

You always seem to be posting in here about your new phone :)

That one looks decent though, especially for the price. Only negative for me is it's a bit ugly.

• Like 1

Ingy, how often do you get a new phone?

You always seem to be posting in here about your new phone :)

I get one whenever I feel like it. It's why I separated the phone purchase from the network service.

Ha, the missus says the same :P

I get bored so easily and love a bargain. I only ever buy cheap phones though and always sell my old one if I like the new one.

It's really not that bad looking in the flesh, I agree though in the pics it looks bad.

Plus these specs at £125 was hard to refuse. Such a huge step up from my moto e at only an extra £25.

Once I have kids I guess I'll have to stick to one phone until it dies.

Edited by Ingram85

Â